A Letter To The Future Me

A Letter To The Future Me

Whether it be me in a few years, 10 years or 20 years the message is still the same.
16

Dear future me,

I am assuming that time has gone by fast, and you are standing in shock as to how fast it went by. Wherever you are at this moment in time, I hope that the journey to get there was worth it. I hope that every day you are one step closer to making all of your dreams and goals come true.

If you are anything like the me writing this, then I know that you have probably worked hard and have not given up in the slightest bit. Hopefully, you were not too hard on yourself, because we both know that I have a tendency to do that. I cannot predict what you are going through and the happenings of life right now, but here are some things I know I would want to hear.

If you are going through a tough time and have hit a bump in the road, stay strong and positive. You have been through so much stuff in your life, even more than I know now, and you have managed to make it through all of that. You can get through this too, I have no doubts. You are stronger than you know.

If you are facing a big decision, listen to your heart. It may be hard, and I hope your decision-making skills have improved, but I know that you will pick what is right. Go with your gut, don't listen to what anyone else has to say, do what is best for you. At the point in time I am writing this I haven't made any terrible decisions, and I hope that by the time you are reading this the good decision record is intact. But if you have made a bad decision, and you are worried about doing it again, learn to accept the decision and learn from it. Life is too precious to dwell on the past.

If you are going through a positive change, congratulations, I am very happy for you. I am happy that all the hard work is paying off and you are doing good things for yourself. I hope you are proud of yourself and know that your family is very proud of you. You deserve to be happy, and I wish you luck while you go through this process and in any future changes.

If you are working too hard, make sure you take some time to relax for yourself. Don't overwork yourself or get too stressed out, make sure you still know how to take a break. Remember to breathe and do something fun and exciting every once in a while and please, never ever lose your sense of adventure.

Most importantly never lose your sense of self. There is only one you in this world and that is something special to hang on to. Don't let this crazy world take away your values and ideas, and don't be afraid to speak your mind. You can do anything that you put your mind to, and I know that no matter what happens you will do great things.

Much love from the current me.