To The Friends That Abandoned Me

To The Friends That Abandoned Me

Let me get something off my chest.

25
To The Friends That Abandoned Me

"Woke up late today, and I still feel the sting of the

pain

But I brushed my teeth anyway

got dressed through the mess and put a smile on

my face

I got a little bit stronger...

Doesn't happen over night but you turn around and

a month's gone by

And you realize you haven't cried...

And I'm done hoping that we can work it out

I know my heart will never be the same...

Getting along without you baby

I'm better off without you baby

How does it feel without me, baby?

I'm getting stronger without you baby"

-"A Little Bit Stronger" by Sara Evans

I've got plenty to say to y'all, but let me just start by asking the question that's been on my mind ever since: How? How could you do this to me? Why would you do this to me? You abandoned me in a situation that could have been a lot more dangerous than it was, and there is nothing you can do to make that right. You really broke my heart. I thought we were friends.

NOBODY saw this coming- especially me. You were all caring the night before (helping me celebrate my very special day), but the next day not so much. You may have been planning it the whole time, but you didn't say it right. You didn't actually say you wanted me to go with you, that's true, but you didn't say you didn't either.

Then I find out right before the class I give a presentation in. I almost asked my professor if I could change when I would do it because I couldn't keep it together for the first several minutes of class.

You've got your reasons. I'll never understand. What did I do? I wasn't the culprit in that situation. The culprit may have had it coming, but I didn't. I didn't deserve it.

I know what you're probably thinking, and this is not something you can just “get over" or “let go". I honestly hope that one day you experience how I must have felt. I just want you to realize how much you hurt me. Yes, it may have turned out okay... but it still hurts.

If that's the way you want it, I hope you two will be very happy together. But I don't think we can be friends anymore like one of you suggested. I've already come to the realization that I'm better off without you. I was only pretending I was fine when you saw me before you left when really I was wondering what kind of friends you were for doing this. Even if I did still want to be friends with you, your true colors have been revealed.

I mean, after all, I thought we were friends. But I guess I was wrong because guess what? If you abandon me, you abandon our friendship.

"You have ruined our lives...

You and your words obsessed with your legacy

Your sentences border on senseless

And you are paranoid in every paragraph

How they perceive you

You, you, you!...

I'm burning the memories...

You forfeit all rights to my heart...

With only the memories of when you were mine...

I hope that you burn"

- "Burn" from Hamilton