11 Phases Of What It Really Takes To Be A Best Friend

The stages that you go through with a friend are very similar to those you go to with a relationship. The only difference is that you know that this is forever.
152

A true friendship is the one that hurts because you make each other laugh so hard. It is the one where you are there for each other through every stage and awkward surprise moment that life brings your way. It is the one that is kind of blackmail because you have so much dirt on the other to last a lifetime.

The stages of friendship vary for each person. Some friendships advance slower/faster than others, and some, the special ones, skip a few stages. However, the stages that you go through with a friend are very similar to those you go to with a relationship. The only difference is that you know that this is forever.

1. The Polite and nice phase

This phase consists of compliments and exaggerations. There isn’t teasing, and you filter your language to make sure you don’t hurt the other.

2. The “am I being too clingy?” phase?

This phase usually involves debating whether or not the text you just sent was too much. I mean, you already sent 10. You debate if you are bothering them.

3. The text me back phase

You both have realized that you are both weird and attached, so you get clingy and whiny when you don’t receive a text back after 5 minutes.

4. The couple phase

This phase is not awkward for you, but it’s awkward for those around you because you act more like a couple than you and your significant other do. You are always together.

5. The blunt phase

This is the stage where you don’t hear what you want to hear, but it is 100% what you need to hear. Yet, you value what each other say.

6. The “I’ll keep a secret just not from my best friend” phase

This phase is when you promise not to tell anyone, but that does not include your best friend. They can’t get mad because they should’ve known

7. The fighting phase

You argue but can’t stay mad because you need to gossip and get things done.

8. The dual conversation creator phase

This is when you consult each other before sending a text to someone

9. The inside joke phase

This phase consists of talking pretty much in all inside jokes, so no one understands what you are saying and feels inferior to your relationship

10. The yeah, I’m already in your house phase

“I’m in your house. When are you coming home?”

11. The your family is my family phrase

This is when you raise your kids to call them aunt or uncle because you are family