Open Letter To All Of The Young Single-Parent Moms Out There

You are incredible.

68
Alyssa Downes

Do you know someone who is a young single parent mom and they are amazing at what they do? Do you ever wonder how in the hell they do it on their own? From working a full time job, to those sleepless nights, to basically doing everything without a second pair of hands, could become very difficult, and frustrating. I know someone who is beyond amazing at being a mom, and that person is my sister.

Sister, you had your son at a young age, and I was worried that you wouldn't be able to provide for him the way you should provide for your child, and yet you managed to do just that.

Sister, I know you are tired, stressed out, and overwhelmed, but you manage to stay strong, to stay positive. Raising a child is very expensive, and yet you manage to make sure your son has a roof over his head, food, diapers, toys, clothes, etc..

Being a single parent is hard. You are on mom duty 24/7, with no breaks in between. I know you didn't plan to be a single parent mom, but you're doing an amazing job, so never doubt yourself.

I am sure many people doubted you and said you wouldn't be able to do it, but you did it. Sister, I cannot reward you enough. You bend over backward to do what you have to do in order to give your son the best life he can possibly have.

Sister, even though you do not have a partner to lean on, I will always be there for you. I will be the best godmother I can possibly be. I just want to say thanks, thanks for bringing such an amazing human being into my life. He truly is such a blessing.

To all of the young single parent mom's out there, you rock! You are incredible people. Being a single parent is not an easy job, and many cannot handle it by themselves. Reward yourselves because you deserve it! Each one of you are surviving and thriving to becoming not just one parent, but two; both mom and dad.