Tips & Tricks for Succeeding in Online Classes

Some helpful insights

16
@law.study.habits

No one would have thought that everyone would be taking online classes, but here we are! I am here to give you some ways to be successful in your online classes this fall.

Organize your work for the week

journaling sharpie markers GIF by Sharpie Giphy

Every week look at what's going be do and record it in a planner or calendar. This helps you organize everything you have to do and prevents you from not forgetting assignments.

Make checklists!

Checklists honestly save me from forgetting to do things and make me less stressed out. For a school week, make a checklist for each day of the week. This breaks up the amount of work you have to do and makes it more manageable as well as motivates you more to knock out your work.

Alarms

scared episode 14 GIF Giphy

Now, I have just recently started setting myself alarms before my zoom classes. The majority of my classes are asynchronous (meaning we do not meet at a specific time), but for the ones that are not I am always paranoid I am going forget to log on. Set an alarm for at least 30 minutes before your class and have that alarm repeat ever day of the week you have that class. It takes away that stress of thinking you have forgotten something.

Communicate with your professors!

Email Marketing - Free image on Pixabay Email Marketing - Free image on Pixabay

Just because we are on an online platform, does not mean you cannot get to know your professor. Email them or your TA with questions, attend their virtual office hours, etc! This will help you a lot and also make the class more personable.

Get to know the other students in your class

Stay Safe Work From Home GIF by INTO ACTION Giphy

It is difficult going through a class alone; therefore, you should try to get to know the other students in your class. Email them or set up a class GroupMe! You can even create a zoom study group. There are so many benefits of having people to help you succeed, and you truly never know who you will meet!

Take needed breaks

Happy Summer GIF by Molang Giphy

It's hard to make a routine with online classes, but make sure you are giving yourself time to relax. There is no point stressing yourself out! When I make my plan for the day, I always make sure I have a gap of time to go get coffee with friends, make a phone call, or just sit and chill. This gap of time helps so much in being re-motivated for your school work.

Good luck as you guys undergo your online classes this fall! It is a hard adjustment for many, but just remember you can do this!