Tips And Tricks To Prevent Senioritis From Ruining Your Semester

It's that time of year when senioritis is back to take more victims.

213

Senioritis is a mental complexion that arises when the student feels defeated by the school system and as a senior is desperately waiting for graduation and "freedom".

This mental state involves students feeling drowsiness or a hazy complexion over their everyday life. Students quit caring about their classes and choose fun and relaxation over the arduous studying needed to score positive grades in classes. This could be very disastrous as the student could end up failing the courses which would lead them to not fulfill graduation requirements.

It is important that senioritis is corrected and motivation is once again found. Just because classes end and summer begins does not mean that work is over. Here are some tips and tricks to get you going back in the game when you feel like all motivation has been lost!

One of the most beneficial things to try when tackling lack of motivation is to go out and exercise! Exercise helps maintain and balance the hormone levels and keeping your body fit and in shape also helps boost your well-being. In addition, exercise can be a stress-reliever and can help your mental health. Even though you probably don't want to get up and hit the gym, it can help a lot.

Not only should you exercise more, but you should also exercise outside. Or, at the very least, spend more time outdoors. Enjoy the glorious weather, take a long walk savoring each moment, or have a joyous picnic in the park with friends. Spending time outdoors improves a person's mood and can get people re-energized and ready to take on the world.

Do things you enjoy and spend time with people you enjoy. Go to a concert. Have a night dedicated to binge-watching movies. Treat yourself! Enjoy the time you have and savor the moment and the emotions it displays in you. With time, the senioritis will hash away and motivation to succeed in harder, time and resource extensive tasks will be greater.

Another tip that could help relieve senioritis is sleep. Make sure that you are getting a full 8+ hour sleep in per night. It also helps if alarms are set to wake up at the same time each morning so that the system feels as if it is in a regulated cycle and can coordinate with the demands asked of it.

Another technique that I have found quite useful when dealing with my own senioritis is making a checklist and a reminder list of all the items due as well as their deadlines. With this list, it is easier to manage the conditions and requirements expected to be delivered and manage your time efficiently so that you would be able to both goof off and do the things you want to do while not falling behind on your deliverable(s).

Hopefully, now senioritis won't ruin your last few months of high school.