I'm Learning To Prioritize Positivity Over Panic Because I Know That My Thoughts Have Power

Start integrating little things that make you feel good each day.

31318

As the new year begins, many of us will be setting goals and resolutions for ourselves.

Although I think it is great to strive for goals, it is important to keep them realistic and attainable. 2020 was a year that challenged everyone. Whether it be mentally, physically, or financially, we all were affected in one way or another. With the close of one year, a new one has started! I know I want to make some positive changes in my life, and I know that I am not alone.

The key to making changes is recognizing what you want to do, how you want to do it, and what are the steps you'll take to make it happen.

It is crucial to recognize that change is a process. Change doesn't happen overnight, so it's important to be patient and kind with yourself. It is okay to get off track and start over. Reflect on the challenges you faced and the goals you set in 2020.

For me, my biggest challenge in 2020 was letting social media define my self-worth.

I had time on my hands, so I turned to social media as a way to fill the time. I compared myself to others, telling myself I wasn't good enough, which created a lot of anxiety for me. Last year, I set a goal of figuring out what caused me to be anxious. I wanted to find a positive outlet to channel my anxiety. I succeeded in the first part of the goal! However this year, I made a goal to start journaling those feelings while also working towards not feeling anxious when on social media. This goal is not one that will happen overnight, and I know there will be difficult days. I look forward to taking the steps to manifest a positive mindset in my life.

You can manifest positivity in many forms.

Whether it be positive affirmations to yourself, doing routine self-care, or connecting with those or something who lift you up, start integrating little things that make you feel good each day. To me, there is no such thing as too much kindness. Treat yourself how you would treat your dog or cat: with lots of love! Like I said before, it isn't about how fast you make the change, but rather, the growth and prosperity you gain throughout your journey.

I believe in you. It's time to reflect and get to work.

Let's see how much you can grow this year. I hope everyone has a great New Year! You got this.