Tips To Help Your Sleep Routine In 2017

Tips To Help Your Sleep Routine In 2017

How to fall asleep, stay asleep and wake up effortlessly in the new year.

7
Tips To Help Your Sleep Routine In 2017
ifanr

If you’re like me and the sleep process is the most difficult part of your day—I’ve been known to get in and out of bed due to restlessness on multiple occasions—then these short tips might be just the thing you need to get your night time routine back on track.

Falling asleep can be difficult if one thing after another just doesn’t meet your sleep standards. The restlessness we feel when trying to fall asleep is often a result of the transition from day to night with little to no buffer to ease that change. My tip for falling asleep is to drink a small glass of water before hopping into bed. Now let me preface this by saying that I have overdone “small glass” many times and ended up disrupting my sleep process for the bathroom, but, when I finally did drink a consistent amount, I found that I had a better time falling asleep. Sometimes, all it takes is filling up my reusable water bottle and carrying it around with me to assure my body, that if needed, its there for me. Cold water helps to cool me down after a long day and adjust to getting ready to head to sleep. After a long day our bodies need time before we jump straight into bed, but all it takes for me is a few sips of cold water to cool my body down so I can fall right asleep.

Since, like many of you, I am a college student who resides in a dorm room, adjusting the temperature in my room is difficult and often results in me becoming overheated and waking up in the middle of the night. However, one way you can help yourself to stay asleep is by refrigerating your pillow. Now I know this sounds crazy, but keeping your pillow cool, might just be the solution to keeping you cool during the night resulting in a better nights sleep.

Waking up is my least favorite part of the day and somehow—no matter how much I do it—I can never seem to do it without complaint. That was the case until I learned that by changing my alarm clock, I could change my entire day! If you have an iPhone, that doubles as your alarm clock, then you may or may not know that the iPhone allows you to set any song in your iTunes library as an alarm. Any time you need to wake up in a good mood, try some Journey or Justin Beiber to start your day off right!