5 Tips For A Successful Blog

5 Tips For A Successful Blog

Be passionate about your topic, and don't give up on it!

54
5 Tips For A Successful Blog
Search Engine Journal

I started a travel blog in 2016 because I knew I wanted to travel in the near future, and I love writing. I created it using Wordpress, which I highly recommend to anyone wanting to start a blog. You choose a layout and fill in your own information and photos. Over the years, I’ve learned a lot about blogging, so here are a few of my main tips for any type of blogger!

1. Write about what you know and love

If you don’t, people won’t be confident in what you blog. You need to show readers that you know what you’re talking about, either from experience or research, and show them that you’re passionate about your topic(s).

2. Stay consistent

Make sure you continue to post entries on certain days or at certain times. I post weekly and usually on the same day and at the same time. Wordpress lets you schedule your posts too, so sometimes I’ll write two or three entries and schedule them for the next few weeks, so I don’t have to worry about it during those weeks.

3. Promote it!

Sharing your blog with the world will gain you followers and views. Social media sites like Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Snapchat are great places to share your blog link. Wordpress even lets you choose a platform you’d like your posts to automatically be shared on when your entry publishes. Another great place is within Wordpress itself. A member shares the “Community Pool” every week, so any blogger can share their latest post and ask for feedback. Through this, you’ll receive more followers, views, likes, and comments!

4. Be unique

Don’t copy other bloggers. If you see something on another blogger’s page that you’d like to add to yours that isn’t strictly that blogger’s, you can do it, but make it your own. Add something to it or change how it looks. You want to attract people that enjoy your blog because it was made by you and has your own touch to it. Think of creative things to add to yours that no one else would think of.

5. Don't give up on it!

After about 10 blog entries or so, I began fading away from posting. I went to England, and there were numerous things to write about, but I couldn’t keep up while I was there, and when I came home, I didn’t feel like writing about it. Soon after, it had been months since I posted to my blog. Eventually though, I knew I had to get it started again, so I thought of more ideas on what I could write about and scheduled the posts. Now I’ve been posting weekly again, and I’m sticking to it. Make sure you do too.

I hope these tips help, and again, check out Wordpress to start your blogging experience. You can take a look at my own blog here.