7 Ways To Remain Politically Active After Midterm Elections
Politics

Your educated voice deserves to heard regardless of whether or not it is election season. Being an informed, passionate political activist can be a catalyst for change in our country; do not miss your opportunity.

148

.

1. Find political causes/organizations you care about 

Personal connections to current events can motivate people to stand up and speak out for a cause. Identify your interest(s) (i.e. poverty, racism, sexism, animal rights, the environment, etc.) find your voice, and make a difference in society.

2. Take pride in your political affiliations 

Political expression through stickers, yard signs, apparel, etc. can help get the message out in a really low-key, but effective way, and helps illustrate your values to others.

3. Contact elected officials 

This is a great way to make sure your voice is heard. Writing to your local, state, and federal officials showcases your desire for change and is great for making your opinion known. However, make sure you are keeping up with the news to know and understand all sides of the issue, and be very familiar with the political system and how it functions.

4. Partake in local elections

Local government and its impact on quality-of-life is often overlooked and underestimated. Voting in local elections is the best way to have a say in your community, especially when topics such as tax cuts/budgets appear on the ballot.

5. Volunteer with a political campaign

Joining a local or national campaign will give you face-to-face time with many voters, which is an important factor. You will be able to educate others, encourage voter turnout, and get your candidate's message across.

6. Fundraise for political action committees (PACs) 

PACs are organizations that raise money to influence the outcome of an election or legislation. PACs can donate larger amounts of money than individual donors, however, make sure you do your research first!

Remember:

- Consult the Federal Election Committee for a list of PACs and their causes

-Legally, you can donate $5,000 per calendar year to a PAC that aids federal candidates

7. Partake in safe, peaceful public protesting 

Organized, non-violent public demonstrations are the epitome of political activism and making your voice heard. Marches, protests, rallies, etc., attract people to a cause and sparks intrigue regarding a certain issue. It is important, however, to be prepared in case the event turns violent.

That is all. Stay politically active!

media0.giphy.com