3 Tips For Picking The Right College For You

Everything happens for a reason so no matter if you get denied, lose a scholarship or attend the college that you've dreamed about since the fourth grade, you will end up where you're supposed to be.

8

While many people see August as being very far away, high school seniors will soon be overwhelmed with letters, emails, advertisements, and teachers pressuring them to apply for college. These universities will draw students in with flashy statements like low tuition, a beautiful campus,and express how much they want the reader to apply! Though don't let their bias opinions be the deciding factor for the rest of your life. Here are some tips for knowing a school is right for you!

1. Academics

giphy

A college may have your major, but that does not mean that it is the best for the specific field. Do the research and see what opportunities, clubs/organizations, and even classes a specific college has. If they do not meet your requirements such as lacking opportunities for internships or the classes are outdated, then mark that one off your list and pick and full of college that seems to meet your academic standards.

2. Location

giphy

The college may seem perfect due to its academic excellence, but that could all be ruined as you may not want to live in a busy city surrounded by cut-throat students. You may want a small rural town or a college town with a very large social life, where you want to live to make sure you'll love it for two or even four years. An environment has a lot of effect on one's emotions and attitude so just keep that in mind as well.

3. Patience

giphy

This process may seem like the worst or most stressful process you'll ever have to do and it will feel like whatever you do is a mistake, but just remember to breath and take your time. Everything has a deadline, but you will not need to choose the college (after you get accepted) you want to attend until May 1st aka national college decision day. Everything happens for a reason so no matter if you get denied, lose a scholarship or attend the college that you've dreamed about since the fourth grade, you will end up where you're supposed to be.