Tips For College Freshman From A Senior

Tips For College Freshman From A Senior

And NEVER Put down your drink

1054
Tips For College Freshman From A Senior

1. Go eat at the dinning hall

The food isn't always the best and yes sometimes the line is hella hella long, but go. I have made so many friends from standing in line and complaining with random people about how bad the food is.

2. Plan out your week

There is nothing worse than realizing your paper that you though was due next Thursday is actually due this Thursday. Make a schedule around you classes of when and what homework you are going to do. This is the one thing that will keep you on task.

3. Go out with people you trust

Never go out alone. If you are going to a party or to the bar, go with a group. Never walk home alone. Never leave anyone. Go everywhere together. You are safer in numbers. And NEVER Put down your drink

4. Call your mom

When I first got to college, I hated calling my parents. I did it once a week because I had to, but now I can't go a day without calling home. I FaceTime my mom or dad at least once a day, sometimes more (if I'm bored). I have learned to appreciate my parents more and more as the years went on. You won't be seen as a little kid if you call home or miss your parents.

5. Go to class

Skipping class to sleep in or hang out with friends can be fun, but class is actually important. You're lucky enough to pick you own class in college. Pick ones that fascinate you and seem interesting. The second you skip one class you will want to skip them all. (But like if you need a mental health day, take it).