I Found More Than A Simple 'Date' On Tinder

Tinder Might Just Be A Dating App, But I Found More Than A Simple 'Date'

Lots of people don't really believe that tinder is a place for finding meaningful relationships. Little do they know, it has the potential to do exactly that.

64
upfr0mtheskies.tumblr.com

Tinder is a place full of catfish, horn dogs, and sometimes even weirdos.

So many would think that it is an app mainly used for hookups, right?

Well, I'm one of the people that used it to genuinely try to find a relationship, and I basically had no idea what I was doing so that was a pretty big plus.

I matched with lots of people that I found fairly interesting from what I've read/seen about them so far.

But I didn't really feel like any of them were the one.

I met a ton of cool new people, don't get me wrong. But none of them really made me feel a wow factor, ya know?

But suddenly, that changed.

I met a very special character.

We connected almost instantly.

Talking just felt so right, and I was super excited whenever they would message back almost instantly.

This special character had the coolest view on life itself and I just wanted to keep picking at that fantastic brain because there was so much that I needed to know.

They were the perfect example of an old soul trapped in a teenagers body.

We would talk about absolutely everything, from existential crises to simple things, like what we both had for lunch.

I remember saying how it was the first day of spring, and I was feeling pretty sad for some reason, but I said "no no no, my mood can't be sad, we have to celebrate! it's the first day of spring so happiness is mandatory!"

He responded to my worries with this:

"Happiness is everywhere

Even in the sadness

Think

Isn't it kinda amazing that you are alive, right here and now, experiencing that sadness?

These little moments help to make us who we are

Enjoy them, don't fight them

Acknowledge them, learn from them, and grow

Sorrow is the soil of a fertile heart

And remember

When you get through the sorrow

You can bring joy to others

I think that's the whole big meaning of it all

To just love and do good

Fill your and other's hearts"

I have never been so starstruck by a human being before. I was at a loss of words.

This special character was extremely waking in this harsh world, and I appreciated that.

After a few more of these special moments, we finally exchanged numbers.

As we continued talking, I started to feel pretty insecure. Why would this phenomenal human being talk to me, of all people? I just didn't understand it.

He threw me some reassuring words, and all of my negative feelings just disappeared.

This human really knew what to say, and when to say it.

We continued our conversations, and a few weeks later, we started to express certain hearty feelings.

I would go to him whenever I felt some type of way and he would always comfort me.

This relationship has been doing nothing but growing since the very beginning.

"I do believe things happen to fall into our life for a reason, and more and more it seems we found each other for a reason past simple coincidence."

Yes, Tinder can be a very scary place.

But I would at least give it a chance. It might lead to such beautiful relationships with fantastic people.

It led to my finding this very special character in my life, Adam.

I will forever be grateful for our meeting, Adam.

See you soon. xx