Real Profiles, Real Men

Those Tinder Boys Are Real People, Shockingly

Those profiles are actual people functioning in the world

98
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WhSTfv8Lbw0

Tinder, it's such a magical app that's been given to this world. There are many words I could use to describe Tinder, but these are my personal favorites. Tinder: entertaining, odd, and mildly creepy. As a Tinder user, I've matched with several different men who I would consider to be quite interesting. If you use Tinder yourself, you're aware of the men that lurk this mysterious app to find love or entertainment.

I'll admit to all of you that Tinder is highly addictive, the impact of swiping in search of finding a potential mate is exhilarating in the oddest way. In all honesty, I've never gone out on a date with a boy from Tinder because it's actually frightening and the fear of being kidnapped by a complete stranger is not my particular cup of tea.

While being a user of Tinder, I've coincidentally met individuals I've matched with and let me tell you it's an awkward encounter. As a University student, the majority of men I've matched with attending the same school or a nearby school. The likelihood of accidentally colliding with someone you've matched with is inevitable.

An ordinary trip to the campus Starbucks can turn to an awkward event because of one particular app, Tinder. Tinder has its "pros" and "cons" in certain circumstances, but not at 9 am on a Monday morning. Sometimes you just want to get your morning coffee and go to class, not have an uncomfortable staring contest with a boy that you "know".

Not only at the campus Starbucks, but in class can be the absolute worst. Let's recall a specific time in lecture when I sat next to a boy as I arrived several minutes late. While sitting next to this boy, I had a stark feeling that I knew him from somewhere. When the end of the class approached, I still wondered where I knew him from. A light-bulb turned on and I realized that I matched with this boy on Tinder several days before.

The rest of the semester remained awkward as I knew who he was and he probably was aware of who I was, as well. Tinder has its perks, as well, don't get me wrong, the most minimal perks of them all. Some days when I'm getting down on myself and wonder what the meaning of life really is, I look back to Tinder.

Not to sound self-absorbed, but at times random compliments from strangers can make me feel like a million bucks on the worst days. While the compliments may not be the most appropriate, sometimes it can be quite a pickup. I'm aware that sounds a bit strange, but I bet there are girls out there that can relate.

Tinder, it's an interesting place, to say the least, as you have a mixture of the best and worst people in your city. As the new semester starts, I'm preparing myself for the awkward encounters with Tinder boys. These interesting encounters may produce the worst or greatest stories, prepare to not look in the eyes of Evan, that boy you matched with yesterday that's sitting in the row ahead of you. Just some helpful advice, try not to be noticed by a Tinder match on campus this semester. Ladies and gents, may the odds be ever in your favor.