10 Times Every College Student Was 1 Mental Breakdown Away From Dropping Out

"Why does every one of my classes have projects due within a week of each other?"

54
Instagram

It's that time of year again, the last leg of the semester. This will always be the time in your life where your limits, patience, and temperament are truly tested. When people say the last 4 weeks of the semester are a "downhill slide" and "easy to do" they are to try and make you feel better about your life.

1. "Are we done yet?"

You ask yourself this almost every day. You've hit rock bottom and your brain is clocking out. You just want to know if you can be done. Well news for you, you're not done yet. Rock, meet bottom.

2. "What month is it?"

I have heard this multiple times. Usually, it is perceived by a groan or sigh of frustration. My answer is always "still April."

3. "F@$%*^%%$#@#$(&^%$#@"

Whether it's technology you hate, your instructor, the project, a classmate or just the assignment given. You've probably cussed pretty explicitly at something.

4. "If I get a C in this class, what will it do to my GPA?"

The most asked question for sure, you start calculating your GPA to see how hard you really have to work, or what class you need to get your rear in gear and start working for a better grade.

5. "What grade can I get on this exam where I can still pass this class?"

The time you should be spending to actually study for that exam is spent contemplating how much you need to study for the exam based on how bad you can do and still keep your B in the class.

6. "Why does every one of my classes have projects due within a week of each other?"

It's true! It seems like every professor waits until the exact same week and gives you a huge project worth a good chunk of your grade. Time to get really good at staying up late and prioritizing your time for what is due the soonest.

7. "Wait, when did the teacher mention that?"

When another classmate mentions something the teacher said and you have no recollection of that ever being said.

8. "That huge paper that we've known about all semester, yeah, I haven't started it yet."

Time to panic and hate your past self for not being productive.

9. "Do I really need this degree?"

Every semester you ask yourself this question. Why do I need to get this degree?

10. "I am now enrolled for next semester!"

You've struggled through all of this semester and you've hated a good portion of it. But now, get ready to do it all over again... but this time with different classes!

Maybe next semester will be better!