Time To Move On

Time To Move On

Pre-second semester thoughts

12
Time To Move On

Winter break has been a time of self-evaluation for every first-year student I've talked to. However, t's not like everyone comes out and says so, but you can just tell.

Last semester, for freshmen, was an anxiety-filled, exciting, and generally odd time. There were any number of unknowns regarding roommates and clubs to join and what ann where to eat. It's a time that I, for one, will be experiencing again. That's right. Without a doubt, I'll be a transfer student after this year. It'll be freshman year, take two, except I'll have some insight.

The number of transfer students nationwide is continually growing, these days. I'm one of thousands who just hasn't found the right fit in terms of who I'm surrounded by, the city my college is in, and many, many other factors.

But that's totally OK. I know it is.

The point of this article is to open up a door. Behind this door is a new mentality in which people like me -- perpetually anxious -- care less about what troubles them at the school they currently attend, as there are so many options out there. For me, after this year, my first choice of situation is to be going to a great school in a real city with thousands more people in attendance. In other words, I hope to be transferring into another, great school. However, there is a legitimate chance that that will not work out.

In the event of a series of rejections from the schools I'll be applying to, there is still another option! Option number two is to take some time off. I'll take up to a year off, but maybe only a semester. This would give me time to pull myself together, figure out where I want to go from here, and hold a job that will fund my next endeavors.

And that's not even the end of it! You could take a few classes online, or travel, or whatever it takes to make you happy, and better your life and future. No matter what, don't let other people offer their input if it's going to bring you down. You don't need that.