Time Management Is Key

Time Management Is Key

I am typing this at 12:35 in the morning...

6
mshaseltine.edublogs.org

Why must you know that I am writing this article at 12:35 in the morning? That is because my management on time is embarrassingly horrid. Me being a junior in high school, taking AP classes, and being a part of three school related extra curricular activities, my question is what is free time?

Free time is the reward for having a good grip of your managed time, also known as time management. Time management is a concept that I heard of my freshman year, got explained to my sophomore year, and really having to execute it my junior year. Hopefully I will have mastered it by my senior year so I won't be as stressed my last year of high school. Me being 16 years old, I'm still learning. Haha!

So how should you manage your time? My best tip is to get a day planner, either a physical copy or download an app. From there you can, just as what the thing is called, plan out your day. Even think ahead of time and plan two days in advance. The challenging part is when you have to actually do what you planned and stay on task and on time. Almost everything is easier said than done, right?

If you are in high school or college, you probably have a busy day. Here is my upcoming Monday:

6:30-7:30 a.m. Get up and get ready for school

7:30-8 a.m. Ride the bus to school

8-8:30 a.m. Go to broadcasting room and do what we have planned in there

8:30-15:30 Standard school hours

15:30-16:00 Help Dennis with fixing and cleaning up snare drums

16:00- about 20:00 Work in football concession stands

20:00-20:15 Go home

20:15-20:30 Eat dinner

20:30-??Homework/Practicing music/Writing Article for Odyssey or Pokejungle

Homework can take from 30 minutes to a few hours depending on how much I have. Plus I need sleep to recharge for Tuesday so really I have no free time Monday. Free time is more of a delayed gratification that I hope to get on the weekends. That's if I don't have any music to learn or articles to write or any other plans.

Away from my pessimistic side, all you have to do is plan ahead and stay on task 24/7 and you won't have any worries. Side effects incurred by not using time management may include slight to severe headaches, eyestrain, a higher than expected grade, loss of sleep, loss in social life, loss in appetite, loss of sunlight, and possible weight gain. If you have a panic attack, conact your doctor immediately. But don't worry, all you have to do is make a plan that works for you. You can do it.

"All time management begins with planning." -Tom Greening

Good luck and stay in school!

-Quack