5 Reasons Why Time Is A Made Up Phenomenon.

Time is a story we are constantly telling ourselves. Here are 5 reasons why.

17

Now, this list could continue on for however long you want to make it. There are plenty of theories out there that explains the truth behind time and supports the idea that it is not real. However, it is so important and such a big part of our lives that there are also numerous theories on why time is real. Don't get me wrong, I do believe time is crucial to existence. But to the idea that man needed to make it up to be able to thrive and live in this world, that is something I will believe until the end of my time. Here is why:

5. It is a comparison of events.

Think about time zones across the world. Different times in different places on the globe mean different things. For instance, in the U.S., it could be early in the afternoon with kids being in school while in Germany the evening would be getting started. Time compares parts of the world and connects them to one another. There is technically no exact time upon us.

4. People strive for social construct.

People use time as a way to plan. Whether terming parts of the day as "early" or "late," there is a constructed means of interacting with other people. People like to have a plan. Without a plan, there is no schedule. Time was brought to us by man to give us a sense of timing, not hours and minutes of a day.

3. It is a reflection of change.

Time is a reflection of change, change is not a reflection of time. The way the sun rises and falls is a change that tells us the approximate time of day. We follow the pattern of the sun. Our timing changes based on how light or dark it is outside. The sun rises and we view that "time" to be when we get up to start our day. But again, while one part of the world is getting up at sunrise, the sun has already arose in another part of the world. So exact timing is nonexistent.

2. Our minds are limited.

The human mind can only comprehend things to a certain extent. There is endless time in the world, but we don't have forever. What??? Things happen with time. But how much time? Who defines how much time has to pass before that thing happens? Our minds are not made to be able to comprehend these thoughts or the vastness of time itself.

1. It is a unit of measurement.

Time is a measured period that lacks spatial dimensions. Time is what clocks measure. Time is a linear continuum of instants. Time is a dimension. Time is an approximation. Man made up time so that we could have something to follow. Time is not a clock, it is an approximate measurement that we perceive as an order to follow. It is not real, it is not exact.