12 Ways You Know It's Time To Say Goodbye To A Relationship

You can't move forward when a relationship is holding you back.

58
Author's photo

In both romantic and platonic relationships, there often comes a time in which the relationship ceases to hold a purpose. However, in many of these cases, one or both of the people involved in the relationship will fruitlessly continue to work on the relationship for various reasons. It may be because they share happy memories, they may have spent a great deal of time together, or maybe they have been through a great deal of trials together. There could be a variety of reasons, but because of the individual or individuals’ attachment to the relationship, he/she or they are unable to disengage. There are several signs that may be evident when it is time to end the relationship.

1. Your memories with that person make you happier than the time you now spend with him/her.

2. You spend more time stressing about pleasing this person than you do enjoying him/her.

3. This person makes you feel inadequate or as if any shortcomings in the relationship are caused by you.

4. He/she ignores you until you are needed or wanted for something and then he/she acts like you are the greatest thing that ever happened to him/her.

5. When you are alone with him/her everything seems good, but when other people are around it is like you do not even exist.

6. He/she will drop you in a heartbeat for plans with anyone else.

7. You do not feel good about the time you spend with him/her.

8. Your parents do not like him/her.

9. You feel like you can never tell him/her no without being punished.

10. He/she makes you feel bad all the time for being a bad friend or partner when you spend every second of every day trying to be the best one you can possibly be.

11. You love him/her but do not feel loved in return.

12. You feel better without him/her.

The hardest part of letting go of a relationship is realizing that the memories that you have with the person is not necessarily who they are anymore. It is the recognition that just because you have many good memories with them does not mean that they will happen again and it does not mean that the individual is good or healthy for you. You can never move forward with someone in your life holding you back.