Time Flies When You're Having Fun

Time Flies When You're Having Fun

Warning: You Are About To Read A Sappy Article

163
Time Flies When You're Having Fun
https://az616578.vo.msecnd.net/files/2018/05/02/636608899860447074-74422495_clock.jpg

We all know that classic line that goes "time flies when you're having fun," and we all laugh about how cliche this line is. But as a junior in college, who will be a senior by the end of this week, I'm not laughing as much. I can tell you such vivid memories from high school and freshman year of college and now you're telling me I'm about to go into senior year? That's crazy. It feels as if it were just yesterday when I was looking into colleges. Now, I'm about to look into graduate schools?

Look back at your college experience so far, especially your junior year. Freshman year is a time of starting anew in almost everything you can think of. It's fresh but fun and exciting. Sophomore year, you are more settled in and you feel comfortable. And then there's junior year.

It might just be me, but I have learned more about myself this year than any other. From learning more about my academics and the career path I want to strive toward to learning who my true friends are and the type of people I want to associate with. This has been a year of both good and bad. Take everything you have learned from the good and bad and take it with you for senior year. Because you only have one more shot.

And that's the crazy part. Just one more shot. Once college ends, who knows where you're going to be. You could be starting a real adult job. You could be going to graduate school. You could take a year off to travel. The possibilities are endless. We have always been told that you are to go to elementary school, then high school, then college, but what after that? There's really no more set plan. And that's kind of (very) scary.

I'm really not trying to scare you with this article, but to motivate you to make senior year the best one you can. Focus on school so that you can have many open doors for you once your collegiate days are over, but also spend time with those friends you are going to want in your future wedding and have play dates with their kids. Time really does fly when you're having fun.

You have one more shot. What are you going to do with it?