How To Throw A Bob Ross Viewing Party

How To Throw A Bob Ross Viewing Party

Have a happy little time

578
How To Throw A Bob Ross Viewing Party

Back in the day, Bob Ross was a famous painter who hosted his own show, The Joy of Painting.

Before now, people were forced to use YouTube in order to find episodes of the show. But now, thanks to Netflix, 26 of these glorious episodes are available for your viewing pleasure.

You may be asking yourself, "What's the big deal with Bob Ross?"

Just watch. Your life will never be the same. Watching him paint is probably the most relaxing, satisfying and entertaining thing. This sounds crazy until you experience it.

If you've experienced Bob Ross painting, you've naturally decided to share this amazing show with your friends and have a viewing party. But where do you start?

1. Choose a date and time

I suggest a Friday night in. Try to schedule this event later at night just in case you all fall asleep to the swishing of paint brushes. This is seriously one of the best things you can watch before falling asleep.

2. Provide Blankets and Pillows

Because this is such relaxing show, people will start to sleep. This is not a bad thing. We all love a good nap. Make sure that your guests are well supplied with the napping essentials like blankets and pillows. After a while, you and your friends will feel as though your floating away on a happy little cloud.

3. Curl Up With Snacks

Bring some yummy comfort food and a mug of hot cocoa or coffee. This compliments the relaxing mood perfectly. Bob Ross teaches you the importance of treating yourself.

4. Paint Along

If you're feeling adventurous, go ahead and paint with Bob! That was the point of the show in the first place anyway. Don't forget your Vandyke Brown! You might think this would be discouraging because of how talented Bob Ross is. But that shouldn't stop you.

5. Trust Bob

While watching Bob Ross paint, you may start to think, "Bob, is that really a good idea?" The answer is yes. Bob has taught me trust. Everything he paints looks fantastic and he's got a great attitude about it.

If you think this is satire, you're only slightly correct. I seriously do love watching this show because it's so relaxing. And honestly, Bob Ross is one of the most talented artists I've ever seen. If you need a little joy in your life, a self-esteem boost, or even just a nap, watch Bob Ross: Beauty is Everywhere now streaming on Netflix.

If watching Bob Ross paint and hearing him talk about squirrels and happy little trees doesn't brighten your day, I don't know what will. I watched two episodes last night and the only negative thing I heard him say was that having a perfectly straight shoreline in his seascape bothered him. What more could you want? Grab your friends and some snacks and blankets and watch Bob Ross do what he does best.

Thank you, Netflix, for bringing Bob Ross back to television.