3 Things To Look Up When Boredom Strikes

We all have those days when we don't know what to do but at the same time don't want to do anything.

132
Pexels.com

Winter break is upon us! With that is the excitement of Christmas celebrations and the New Year, but also a time to just chill out and relax.

While this is all well and good, to be honest, after a week or so of doing nothing, you tend to get bored. After the holidays went and ripped your wallet apart you really don't want to spend any more money, and you're still super tired. This typically leads to hours and hours on the internet and you may be running out things to look up. But fear not I've got you covered! Here are three of my favorite things to google when I'm bored:

1. The New York Times

I always tend to find myself googling the New York Times. You get ten free article reads per month so use them wisely if you don't want to subscribe! (But if you want to have endless reads I believe they're running a 50% off deal if you buy it by the end of the year!) It will really rope you in because there are so many things happening in our world that you may not even know about.

This typically tends to lead to further exploration of certain topics, and all of a sudden you've killed about seven hours and you're actually knowledgeable about a specific topic that you can have an intelligent conversation about!

2. Airbnb/Zillow/Homeaway

These are my absolute FAVORITE websites. I can get trapped by them for days. So basically if you haven't heard of any of these wonderful websites here's a quick synopsis: Airbnb and Homeaway allow you to look up different houses and apartments you can rent in any part of the world when you go away, and Zillow allows you look at homes you can purchase all over the world! It's so interesting (well, I think) to see all these extravagant homes and apartments you can rent all over the world! Hey, maybe you'll start planning your dream vacation, or even finding your dream home!

3. Pinterest

Pinterest, Pinterest, Pinterest!!! The most amazing website EVER! You can find endless crafts, quizzes, ideas, and lists on any topic that you want! You want a 10-day trip itinerary to Morocco? They have a bunch! You want a gluten-free vegan cookie? They'll give you some with chocolate chips, other with caramel, and still others that have fudge coming out! You can literally find anything you want in extremely creative ways!

So there you have it! Three websites that will help keep you busy during those relaxing times when boredom strikes!