29 Thoughts You Have While Watching "Supernatural"

29 Thoughts You Inevitably Have While Watching 'Supernatural'

A spoiler free look in to the heads of "Supernatural" fans.

678

To most fans, "Supernatural" is more than just a show - it's a family. We care for one another and encourage each other to always keep fighting. The love and support that I feel from all my fellow fans is amazing. I know that if I ever have a problem, no matter how big or small, my "Supernatural" family will always be there for me to lean on.

With 13 seasons and the 14th premiering soon, the show has seen plenty of plot twists and challenges that the characters have had to work through. To put things in perspective for how long this show has been running: the pilot episode for "Supernatural" aired the same year YouTube came out. Let that sink in.

But it's not just the family or number of episodes that drew me in. There are so many times the show has made me laugh, cry, scream with anticipation, and everything in between. Many thoughts have crossed my mind and I know many others have shared those thoughts.

Before I delve into the minds of "Supernatural" fans, let me just say two things. 1) This article is SPOILER FREE. So if you're not caught up or haven't seen a single episode, no worries, I made sure that there are no spoilers. Not even for the first episode! 2) I have to give credit to my friends in the GISH community. I asked for them to share their thoughts while watching the show as well and they more than excelled. I have gone through many, many comments and, though I wanted to use them all, I couldn't! Some comments contained spoilers, and as I mentioned before, this is a spoiler-free zone!

"I wish I were a hunter."

Ok, maybe not everyone wishes they were a hunter, but at some point, I'm sure we've all envied the adventures they have. The relationship between Sam and Dean is so amazing and hunting with them would be so cool. Heck, I wouldn't even mind being one of the people they save! At least then I could meet them.

"I wish I had brothers like Sam and Dean."

I love how they would do anything for one another. It can be a bit annoying at times when they're constantly trying to save each other rather than take care of themselves. But it also shows the depth of their bond. Though they never say it, it's obvious they truly love one another.

"They have synchronization..."

As a side note, I wonder how many times the actors have to shoot a single scene/moment of them being synchronized. I watched a blooper once of them trying to close the car door at the same time and it required a lot of takes! It is funny and cute though how they portray the characters as practically sharing a brain.

"...And matching tattoos."

I have a matching tattoo with my mom and let me just say it is the greatest thing. It feels like I've always got a part of her with me. And when people ask about the meaning I get to talk about my amazing mother. The meanings for their tattoos may be different, but it's still fun!

"I want Baby."

She's such a beautiful car and so iconic to the show. Owning one would be a freaking dream come true. I would love to be able to drive around the country in a lifelong road trip in her. I doubt I would ever get tired of her!

"What sites is Sam getting all his lore from?"

They have some interesting monsters that they hunt and yet whenever they search it on the computer, they also find a way to kill it. Have you ever googled werewolves and found anything even remotely close to a silver knife/bullet through the heart? What about fire against wendigoes? It's a good thing they have those books in the Bunker for the internet fails.

"How do they avoid being on camera?"

This one is kind of sad. How are they never noticed for being heroes? They save so many people, how come it's never on any social media? Maybe at first, no one would believe that they hunt monsters, but eventually - and with the right footage/proof and the right audience - they would be famous! Especially after Slash Fiction, why don't more people know their names or recognize them or anything?

"How have they not been caught for their illegal activities?"

While they do run into trouble sometimes, it's awfully suspicious that they don't get into more trouble more often. One would expect them to constantly be undercover and possibly even in disguise. However, it is a fictional show, and I for one am willing to overlook some inconsistencies and enjoy the show as a whole.

"How are their gunshots never heard?"

They frequently go into situations half-cocked and guns blazing - wouldn't they be heard by someone? You'd think when they go into the same building that if they, for some stupid reason, decided to split up, that if a shot was made, the other would hear it.This is one inconsistency that is a bit harder to ignore, but again the show more than makes up for these insignificant deviations.

"Has this happened before?"

With 14 seasons and nearing 300 episodes, it's not surprising we see a lot of the same monsters or same types of episodes. And, yeah, maybe it is a bit predictable when a character is going to die or not. But the writers have done a really good job of keeping the stakes high in each season, where the episodes build on one another until a dramatic season finale tied off with a cliffhanger! There's always a craving to see more of our favorite characters and to know how their stories end!

"Where are their scars?"

It's no secret Sam and Dean grew up in the hunting lifestyle. Where did all the scars from their childhood go? Even if they didn't grow up hunters, boys play rough - isn't it typical to have a scar or two? They must be in more well-hidden places...

"Man, they are hot!"

I don't doubt that every single person watching this show, male and female, straight and homosexual, is attracted to someone on the show. Some people find Sam the most attractive. Others, such as myself, are in love with Charlie Bradbury. There is someone for everyone on this show.

"Especially when they're fighting."

These boys just don't know how to be unattractive. When they fight it's like their dancing. They're so skilled and graceful in their moves. It makes me wish I were more of a hardcore person and participated more in gym class. I feel like a hippo trying to figure skate when I try to mimic any of their moves.

"They even cry pretty"

This one tear in this one scene always breaks my heart (no spoilers). Dean especially has a reputation for having the daintiest tears. I couldn't tell you how he does it or why it's so attractive. I dare you to find more than one scene from the show where Dean ugly cries (there's probably one snotty sob scene somewhere).

“EVEN WHEN THEY'RE INJURED.”

My goodness these men are too attractive for their own good! No one should be able to wield or create so much beauty. It makes it unfair for the rest of us goblins who are fighting to find a decent mate. Who gave these people permission to be so darn good looking? How did all of these drop dead gorgeous men and women (I'm looking at you Felicia Day) end up on the same show together?

"How can full grown men look so adorable?"

I swear, all the people on the show - men, women, and everything in between - have a superpower. They all have the ability to go from rebel soldiers bred to fight their enemies to oversized children to some kind of human baby animal mutant. And they never lose their appeal! Watching this show is dangerous; you might not be able to look away for hours, ruining your productivity.

"I mean seriously!"

Good or evil or somewhere in between, these people have the cutest faces. Look at him! Is that not the most cuddlable face you've ever seen? He looks like a lost puppy in the snow that just found a warm lap and is ready for treats. I would give him all the treats (except for when he's bad).

“Dean had such a baby-face."

He has always been a cutie-pie, but in the first season especially, he was a little baby. Not much scruff, spiky hair, still has hope for the future.... Well, that's growing up, isn't it? Losing all hope for the future?

"Now he's all grown up!"

If you thought early season Dean was cute, ladies and gentlemen, strap yourselves in because it's a wild ride to grown up Dean. This man goes through so much and look at him now! All ready for Season 14 and looking absolutely spiffy. His face is all chiseled and his body all toned.... The things I would do just to see him are endless.

“And Sam is a puppy.”

He is honestly the most adorable thing. The best part is that the puppy face you see on TV is EXACTLY what he's like in real life (or so I've heard). He's super kind and sweet and down-to-earth. I once saw a story of how he gave a really cool bracelet to a fan who had been struggling!

"I wonder what products Sam uses in his hair."

His hair is always perfect. And, yeah, it's a fictional TV show, but could you just imagine if it were real? Just picture it: in the middle of a hunt or a fight Sam says, "hold on, does my hair look ok? Did I do the cool flip thing just right?"

"I have so much to do..."

I have dishes, laundry, vacuuming, picking up, homework, classes, work, essays, studying, and more. I need to get it all done in a day too. I'm still not sure how people have kids when I can barely keep up and take care of myself.

"...But I have time for ONE more episode."

If you're super busy, NEVER say you'll watch just "one episode." One always turns into two... then three... then six.... Before you know it, you've been in front of the TV for 15 hours and it's tomorrow morning!

"Everybody's dead."

Seriously. Don't get attached to anyone. They will likely die. Sometimes you will be happy with the death. Most of the time you won't. Sometimes you'll cheer on the writers and think they're finally getting it right. Most of the time you curse them.

*cries*

This show will make you cry, so have some tissues handy. Once you get into it, you get attached to your baby. Everyone has that one character that they just want to see happy. And the more that happiness slips away the more you want to fire all the writers of the the show and write your own happy endings from them. But since you can't do that, you write fanfiction. It happens to the best of us.

"Well, at least it can't get worse."

Things get so bad at times you'll think, "there's nowhere else for this show to go. Is this the end?" You'll probably start crying at some point and then the writers will say, "get ready for season 50!"

"IT GOT WORSE."

Be careful when you say that it can't get worse. Because it almost always, inevitably does. You thought the season 1 finale was painful? Wait until the next one. Each season finale gets more and more dramatic and the stakes always seem to get higher and higher. I wouldn't be surprised if I one day just spontaneously combusted from the anticipation.

"They're gonna need ALL the therapy."

I think most of us are surprised that Sam and Dean haven't lost their sanity and don't need therapy. They have seriously been through so much. Heck, I almost think I need therapy after all I've seen them go through!

"Will the boys ever get their happily ever after?"

I frequently think about the end. The end of "Supernatural" that is. I wonder what it will look like. I have my own preferred ending to the show, but knowing the writers, they will either make it tortuous and really, really painful or it will be a nice relief and really, really good. How do you think it will end?