Thoughts While Watching the Eclipse

Thoughts While Watching the Eclipse

August 21, 2017

50
Thoughts While Watching the Eclipse
Youtube

Here in Johnson City, Tennessee at Milligan College, we were at 96.7% totality during the Great American Solar Eclipse. This is one of the most memorable experiences of my college career. While looking up at the sun with a goofy looking pair of glasses on I had some thoughts, and I'd love to share them with you.

1. How amazing must our God be to create something of this much beauty

Recently there has been so much hate and negativity in the world. It was amazing to me that this God-created event distracted people long enough for them to forget what was going on and just enjoy life. He has so much to give us and he is so powerful.

2. How lucky am I to be where I am in the world.

A few years ago, I was agonizingly deciding where I wanted to go to college, and through this eclipse I realized that I made the right choice. I am in a place where I look to my right and see mountains and look up to see the amazing sky.

3. I am not worthy.

God created all of this for everyone, but I am not worthy to see such beauty. What I have done in life has not made me worthy enough to experience the greatness of His power and might. He is so much bigger than I can imagine. This eclipse is only a sliver (pun intended) of His Almighty power.

I took a moment to take off the glasses and look at the faces of those around me, and thought,

4. I am so blessed to have a group of people to share experiences like this with.

I go to school with these people everyday and they quickly become a face in the crowd. I looked at the complete excitement in peoples' eyes as they saw the amazing event unfold. Some of these people I have never met, but I felt a real and strong connection with them. I felt as though we were all one. Being one who struggles with loneliness, I was delighted to know that I was not alone in this big world, at least for an hour.