5 Questions That College Students Ask Themselves When It Snows

A totally different experience than being home while it's snowing.

54

When you were a kid, you probably looked forward to snow because it meant no school, an entire day outside playing with your friends, and hot cocoa at the end of a long, cold day. However, college students don't have the luxury of Mom's hot cocoa or a sled to go down the hill with, or for many of us, not even a car to get around. These are 5 thoughts that college students have when it's snowing on their campus.

1. How am I going to walk to class?

Walking to class is difficult enough when it's a normal day, but walking to class in the snow is an entirely different story. This requires finding your snow gear that is tucked in the back of your closet and actually USING it...which is way too much work if you ask me.

2. Will we have a snow day?

While the chances are usually low, college students could always use a snow day. They still wait for that phone call from school saying that it was cancelled- although it usually never comes.

3. Can we go play outside?

College kids are still kids- and they still love to do some of the same things that they did as kids. Who says that you have to stop building snowmen or making snow angels just because you're old enough to live on your own?

4. Should I make some hot chocolate?

Hot chocolate is the CLASSIC snow day drink, so why not enjoy a piping mug of hot chocolate while watching the snow fall outside?

5. Why can't this happen every day?

Snow is something that everyone enjoys, and even though it might be a slight inconvenience, it's so beautiful to see snow falling everywhere. So enjoy it while it lasts!