21 Thoughts You Have When You Come Home From College
School Breaks

Dear part-time employers, HIRE STRUGGLING COLLEGE STUDENTS BECAUSE WE ARE POOR.

3582
Gabby Sheets

Ever since I moved back home, three hours away from the university I have been attending for the past year, I have had a lot of... well, thoughts. It turns out that I have changed quite a bit. Now, this town that I never even thought twice about living in feels kinda weird. It feels like it is missing something, like an Insomnia Cookies storefront or my own personal thermostat that I am free to adjust to ICY COLD without any complaints from my parents.

College life is not the same as home life, and this is what I've been thinking as a result of this drastic difference...

1. Holy CRAP, I missed my dog!

2. Oh, the luxury of having a washer and dryer INSIDE your home.

3. I forgot what actual meals tasted like.

4. Wow, this town is like... really small. 

5. Damn, I need a job.

6. Damn, no will hire me.

7. Oh my god, I am so bored because NO ONE WILL HIRE ME. 

8. I forgot what it feels like to share a wall with my PARENTS. 

9. Why don't residential towns have Insomnia Cookies???

10. I miss college.

11. I do NOT miss the college workload.

12. OH MY GOD WHY WILL NO ONE HIRE ME

13. I wish I still had control of the thermostat.

14. I hate unloading the dishwasher. I miss paper plates 24/7.

15. I miss my college friends. 

16. It is SO GOOD to see my high school buddies though. 

17. Oh, right... everyone I went to high school with lives here too... fantastic. 

18. Woah, I do not miss high school.

19. The Wi-Fi works so much better when THOUSANDS of people aren't also using it.

20. I kinda just wanna sleep all summer... BUT NO.

21. It's good to be back :)

Moral of the story though is: PLEASE HIRE ME.