35 Thoughts Commuter Students Have While Trying to Park

The daily search for a parking spot just might be the most difficult part of college.

261
Bing

If you’re a commuter student at a large university, you know the struggle is real. Why a school with 30,000+ students has only 10 available parking spots is beyond me, but that seems to be the case most of the time. Finding a spot takes strategic planning, occasional stalking, prayers of desperation, and a lot of patience. Usually, planning starts before you even leave the house.

1. OK, if I get to school 45 minutes before my first morning class, I can probably find a spot.

2. Definitely not going to get there 45 minutes early...I'll just hope for the best.

3. I mean, if can't find a spot in the campus lots, I can always venture to the sketchy gravel lots off campus.

4. This is the longest red light in all of history. Look at all those people turning into the good lot...

5. This is bad. All the spots are going to be gone.

6. It's only 30 minutes until class...I might as well just go home and walk from there.

7. Finally! It's green. Let's do this.

8. Great, there's an actual stand-still-traffic-jam in the parking lot.

9. Seriously? This guy is just going to sit there with his blinkers on waiting for his friend to come move her car. Who does that?!?

10. There's a spot! Praise the Lord! Yes! ...and nope. Just a little car.

11. I hate little cars.

12. I'll just make another lap, maybe someone’s moved their car in the last few minutes.

13. Oh look, there's an open spot! I'm going in... *now ex-friend whips into spot*

14. I'm never speaking to him again. What kind of person cuts a friend off to get a parking spot?

15. Are you kidding me? That girl almost caused a six-car-pileup trying get a spot.

16. There's a spot between those two trucks! Never mind...just another little car.

17. I hate big trucks.

18. Why didn’t I just walk from home?

19. Oh, look, there are a couple open motorcycle spots. I should get a motorcycle.

20. Maybe I can just squeeze my truck in a few motorcycle spots.

21. Would I get a ticket for that?

22. I still have that old ticket...I could just put that on my dash. Wow. That's so evil. I am a criminal.

23. How does someone beat me to every single spot that opens?

24. *begins praying for a spot to open*

25. Okay, this guy is walking towards a car... I will shamelessly stalk him.

26. He looks a little freaked out.

27. Great...he's not going to his car. I wasted five minutes stalking this poor person for nothing.

28. I'm just going to park on the grass.

29. Which is worse, a $20 ticket or missing the first half of class?

30. I bet I could just park on top of that little smart car.

31. I think I have road rage. Or is it parking lot rage?

32. That girl just found a spot on her first lap around the parking lot!? Life is not fair.

33. This guy has his keys out. He's going to get in that truck. This is it! That's my spot. *puts hazards on* *angles truck blocking off all competitors*

34. Hallelujah!!! Finally! Thank you, Lord! I don't know what I did to deserve this kind of blessing, but thank you!

35. Only two minutes until class…I should've worn running shoes.