Thoughts On "Stranger Things 4" Volume 1

What's happened and what's to come.

758
https://www.denofgeek.com/tv/stranger-things-season-4-easter-eggs-reference-guide/

Netflix’s recent release of “Stranger Things 4” brought with it a ton of new developments, a mind-blowing cliffhanger ending, and plenty of unanswered questions. Now that El knows the truth, what will she do? What’s happening with the California squad that we haven’t heard from? Is there a chance for Steve and Nancy to get back together? Why did Henry Creel/Vecna/001 look so young when he should’ve been close to 30?

Naturally there has been fan speculation about all of this (well, except the last one). Theories that this season will see the death of Dr. Brenner and possibly Sam Owens. The reveal of Vecna alone was jaw-dropping. I have a feeling now that El knows what really happened at the massacre, her anger will make her more powerful than ever; she’ll realize she doesn’t “need” the doctors anymore. Mike, Will, Jonathan, and Argyle now have the location of Nina thanks to Suzie (who I personally hope to see more of). Volume 2 will likely see all of them come together with El to take down Hawkins Lab.

While looking for Vecna and a way to prove Eddie’s innocence, definite sparks were flying between Steve and Nancy. Which of course were obvious to everyone EXCEPT them. Steve has been trying unsuccessfully to date again, and to me the lack of success is in part due to his personal growth combined with the fact that he still has strong feelings for Nancy. Nancy and Jonathan were struggling with a long-distance relationship since the Byers’ move to California, and although they’ve been planning to reunite at college, Jonathan revealed a change of heart unbeknownst to his girlfriend. So, maybe the former couple will have another shot.

This season has arguably been the best yet, and there are certainly high expectations for volume 2. Nancy's still cursed, although Max appears to have fallen off Vecna's radar for the time being. Whether Steve sacrifices himself for Nancy (fingers crossed against this), Eleven defeats Vecna, maybe an even bigger plot twist that no one could’ve predicted. We’ll just have to wait till July to find out.