THOUGHTS OF A FOREIGN GIRL

THOUGHTS OF A FOREIGN GIRL

Some of my thoughts about what is going on in our country.

25
THOUGHTS OF A FOREIGN GIRL
Google

I'm a foreign girl living in United States. I call this my home because I grew up here. It boggles my mind that the country I moved to with big hopes and dreams with has changed so much in past 18 years. Change is usually good, but not the change I've seen in this country. I remember when I first moved here I would see welcoming faces with welcoming smiles every where I go. Everyone was so intrigued to get to know me, excited to learn about my heritage and culture.

Fast forward 18 years, and the welcoming smiles have changed into suspicious looks, the looks of that I might be affiliated with some terrorist group,(I'm just a girl who is trying to get her degree and be a good mom to a 6 month old) because of my religion and where I am from. What boggles my mind the most is there is talks on the political campaign trails, that if a certain candidate becomes president that I would have to wear a badge, showing my identity and my religion.

I wasn't in existence when holocaust took place, but I've seen plenty of documentaries and movies. The thought of wearing an "identity" badge makes me think of holocaust. What boggles my mind the most is how this person have come along so far (I pray to God this is some cruel joke) and how he has a huge following. I remember America being great with love and care now it seems like its all hatred, which makes me sad and weep for this country. The country that I call my home.

I hope and pray that, this country that I call my home because amazing like it used to be, where neighbors cared for one another, where people saw you with a smile not suspicion. where first amendment, freedom of religion and speech were the basic principles.

With that being said, this is just some of my thoughts that have been going through my mind lately. Let me know what you think and how you feel about this election or the direction our country is headed to. If you can vote please go out and vote and make your opinion count because it's for the sake of this country.