My Thoughts On Not Graduating In Four Years

...plans to give you hope and a future.

450
WeHeartIt

The advising season is happening and to be totally honest, I'm scared. I've always imagined going to college for four years and graduating the same time as all of my friends. But as I look at my schedule seriously, there is a huge possibility that I won't graduate in four years. It's not like I'm failing all my classes or anything, it's because I'm currently double majoring and minoring. I've tried taking on a lot of credit hours this semester, but I couldn't take in all of the information because I was trying to juggle all of the other difficult classes and assignments and keep up with my extracurriculars at the same time.

I'm not saying that being a "super senior" is bad or anything. It's just that I have planned my life out since I was in middle school and this is something that wasn't in my original plans. And it's hard to adjust when something doesn't go as planned when you're so used to being on track. I've thought about dropping either one of the majors or the minor but I know I will regret it if I do.

I've used this time to reflect on my future and it brings me back to my favorite bible verse: Jeremiah 29: 11.

For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.

I know this situation is technically an obstacle in my plans, but I know God has big plans for me. I'm taking this one day at a time (or one semester at a time). There's so much I've planned already like graduate school, living on my own, traveling, etc. And I'm grateful that this is my version of "an obstacle in life". There are way worse things that can happen to me, but I'm working on accepting this reality. There is still a chance I can graduate in time (if I take 21+ credit hours every semester and not withdraw from any more classes). It is scary to grasp the idea of graduating college already since it feels like I just started. But I'm putting my trust in God on this and hope that he steers me in the right direction (and I know He will).