10 Things That Go Through My Head In My Law Class

10 Thoughts That Go Through Every Student's Brain While They Sit In Law Class

I thought this Judicial Process class was going to focus on the Supreme Court, but I was way in over my head.

311

Being a Political Science major, I've been enrolled in some of the classes that are working with the Pre-Law track, which is something that is not for me. However, I strap into the class and just hope for the best. This semester, my class is turning out harder than I originally had thought, and I find my mind wandering to some pretty interesting thoughts. So, I've written them out for your pure enjoyment of my struggles in this law class that I forced myself to not drop.

"Oh, I definitely could be a lawyer!"

This isn't that hard. Harvard, here I come! Like, the world better watch out because I could so do this for a living.

"Wait, why does everyone here have the whole Constitution memorized?"

I mean, I understand that I learned the Constitution too, but I don't remember each specific thing an exactly how it was worded. Like, I know the 19th amendment was the one that gave women the right to vote and the 24th amendment . . . Alright, maybe I should just stop while I'm ahead.

"These people just like KNOW these legal terms off the top of their head."

What the hell is an amicus brief? Oh, they already know what they are and how to use them. Cool, cool. Wait, we aren't going over it! Alright, great. I love that!

"I'm just here to be a government teacher."

I am not here to be a lawyer; I am not here to be a judge. I want to be a government teacher, and that is it — I just want to teach the youth!

"Miranda Rights? I know what those are!"

Yes, finally something I know! And no, it isn't just due to the fact that I used to be obsessed with CSI and Law and Order. Okay...maybe it is, but so what?

"I LOVE prepping for standardized tests that I don't have to take."

Once again, I am not trying to get into law school. So, basically, I'm going to class to learn something I absolutely will not need. Cool, got it!

"Wow, I'd never get into law school."

Elle Woods makes it look easy, but I would never get into law school even if I tried. The LSAT doesn't even make sense at all, so it's a big no!

"Please don't call on me, I definitely don't know the answer."

Please, please don't call on me. It isn't even like I'm not paying attention or asleep or anything. I really just don't understand it. Why don't you call on the girl next to me? She's already had three law internships that she never stops talking about! I'm positive she would know the answer — like, not even kidding.

"Everyone here is dressed so professionally and nice...on a Monday...at 9 a.m."

Wow, everyone here is dressed to impress! So professional and so put together — can that be me? Oh right, no it can't because I definitely have a dance class in 20 minutes and need to wear a leotard!

"I thought we were just going to learn about the Supreme Court."

I really just wanted to be in here to learn about my girl RBG, but I guess I'll power through these lectures!

Please everyone, at this time of learning, I ask for your thoughts and prayers for me to get a good grade and survive through this class. Thank you in advance!