Thoughts Every Girl Has While Applying Her Makeup

Every girl understands the struggle.

43

First off, you don't need makeup to look beautiful; however, some women love the idea of it and how it looks on them. You are not alone in how you think when you are applying your makeup. Here are some things every girl has said while applying her makeup.

Foundation:

Wow, have I always had that freckle? Why are my cheeks so red? Do you think that if I use my friend's shade, no one will notice? Is this spread evenly? What is the purpose of this brush actually? Am I doing this right? Go back to that tutorial I just watched; somehow it didn't turn out as flawless as hers. Alright, if I restart, then I have to ration the rest of my time on eyeliner; which is more important? I guess it looks OK. I mean, I covered up the main parts. Time to add just a tad of blush and I'm done with step one. So many more to go, but I will look great.

Eye Shadow:

Primer, check. Colors I think will match my outfit, check. With this clash? Maybe I shouldn't use that color. Black always works with everything. What do I do if I mess up? Then I have to add more foundation in order to even out the spot I had to take off. OK, if I don't do eye shadow, then I can always just do eyeliner. Or both. OK, well, this eye shadow will look OK and it's not too overpowering. Which brush is for what spot again? How do I blend this together so well like they did in the video? How many colors are put into making this look so nice? If I add this will I mess the entire thing up? Maybe I should just go bold anyway.

Eyeliner:

Time for the eyeliner. Where is the best place to start? Why is it so uncomfortable to do this? If I bend my arm this way I can get a better angle. Wow, I can't believe it didn't take me crazy long to get this side. Maybe I'm starting to get good. No. No. No. No. How could I have blinked and messed it all up? Why does the universe hate me? Time to get rid of what I did and try again. All right, not too bad. Not as good and as pretty as the first one, but not bad. I'm running low on time, so I guess I will start the next side. I must bend my art to be pretty. This takes a lot of patience. Wow, this looks so good. Time to compare the two. Wait, how did I manage to make that one thinner than the other? Alright, I can fix this. Just add a bit more here, a tad there, and great. Wait, now the wing is off on that one. Man, I can never get this right. OK, just add a bit more on the other and call it a day. They're sisters, not twins, right?

Eyebrows:

Plucking, waxing, shaving, filling in. Where to start? Which is needed? Plucking and waxing hurt like, but shaving them will make them grow back thicker. Wait, what is that threading thing? Maybe we can go get that done next time. Now, to fill them in, pick the correct color, and draw on in order to make them look nice and real to others. And remember they are sisters, not twins. Time to start. How did I manage to pick the one color that I own that doesn't match my hair color? This needs to be fixed ASAP. Now time to work on the two eyebrows. They look nice, but like I said with the eyeliner, they are sisters, not twins.

Mascara:

Now that the hard parts are taken care of, I just need to get through a few more steps of looking flawless. Wait, does this brush actually help make my eyelashes thicker and longer? Wait, how do I know how long they were before? Why do I look weird every time I put on mascara? Isn't there one moment when I can be attractive for once?

Lipstick:

The last step other than makeup setter. So, what color looks best? No, not that one! This one is cute. (Rubs on hand.) Wait, this is a beautiful color, and I can't wait to see more. Now that I have this color, it just makes sense to use it without getting any on my teeth. (Looks in mirror.) Of course. Just my luck, all over my front tooth. Maybe if instead of the Kylie Jenner lips, I just do a natural color. It can balance out the major eyeliner I did today. Perfect!