Thoughts From My Writer's Block

Thoughts From My Writer's Block

Free-flowing thoughts from a blocked mind.

11
Tumblr

Writing isn't always easy. I wish I could say I'm just one of those people who constantly has thoughts flowing through their mind, ready to put pen to paper, but instead, I often have clouds of unformed thought swirling through my mind and drifting away as soon as I attempt to make them concrete.

And sometimes, I just don't feel like I have much to say. I get up, I go to work six days a week. I ask people what type of dressing they'd like for their salad and if french fries are okay for a side. I watch the muted TVs and read the subtitles of tennis matches I don't really care about. CNN has constant coverage of the violence occurring throughout the world and of the two clowns fighting to rule...I mean run...our country. And all that repetition and all that noise often leaves me with nothing to say. But I'm sure I can't be the only one.

I just wish that sometimes I could speak up about whats going on without fear of appearing ignorant, uninformed, a dumb kid. I wish I didn't have to worry about a friend, a family member, an acquaintance sharing a different opinion and being unwilling to discuss our differences in a friendly manner. I wish it wasn't all just noise. Everyone has something to say and everyone wants to be heard and everyone wants to be right. But sometimes, instead of spewing out those unformed thoughts swirling through our minds, we need to sit in the quiet and think through how we feel, and consider how we see the world as compared to how others, especially those who think differently than us see the world. It isn't black and white. It's fluid, and it's based on experiences.

So while sometimes I don't know what to say or how to say it, I do know that my mind is constantly alive with thoughts, and feelings, and that I am always percieving and interpreting the world around me. Sometimes, I just get a bit of writer's block.