26 Thoughts Every Farm Kid Has When Baling Hay

Every. Single. Year.
12761

Hay is an awesome agricultural product with lots of different uses. Getting the hay though? Not always so fun. Now, there are two different types of hay people in this world; round balers and sqaure balers. Round bales? Great for livestock and require a lot of machine work. Sqaure bales though? Easier to transport but are a little more old school and a require a little more hands on heavy lifting. And no matter how much you try to mentally prepare yourself, there was no quite a summer task for farm kids than baling hay. With hay season in full swing here in Central Ohio, here are just a few thought's we all had every year baling hay.

1. Okay, it's time to bale hay, no big deal, we do this every year.

2. This is so easy! Why do I normally complain?

3. Oh yeah, that was just mowing and racking, that's always the easy part.

4. Is that a rain cloud? Better not be a rain cloud, someone check the forecast.

5. What are the chances that I'll getta just drive the tractor this year?

6. Slim to none, got it.

7. Okay, that's fine, it's not that bad.

8. These bales aren't even that heavy, this is totally fine.

9. Just kidding they get heavy after a while.

10. Why is does it always have to be so hot when we do this? I'm actually dying.

11. Man I'm not in as good of shape as I thought I was.

12. Yes (Dad/Mom/Grandpa) I promise we're stacking them tight enough.

13. Maybe they could be a little tighter, readjust.

14. Oh hey dust and allergies, I don't need to see or breath or anything like that.

15. My arms ich.

16. Need. Water.

17. Are we done yet?

18. This field never seems that big til hay time.

19. Only ___ of laps to go, I'm totally fine.

20. Man, I just wanna take a cold shower and eat everything in the house.

21. I'm gonna sleep so good tonight.

22. If one more person tries to tell me how to do this I'm throwing them head first in the baler.

23. Need more water please, time out.

24. Alright, last wagon. I. Can. Do this.

25. Hallelujah, the end is in sight, God is good.

26. ...What do you mean we still have to unload everything into the loft? I quit.