5 Thoughts Every College Kid Has at the End of the Semester

Ah, yes, its that time of the semester again.

143

Ah, yes, its that time of the semester again. The weather is getting warmer, days are getting shorter, but boy, oh boy, are the classes feeling longer. As much as I enjoyed most of the classes that I had taken so far, there were always those few (as I'm sure is the case with most of you,) that give me the biggest headache just by sitting in them. It is at this point in time where a slew of questions swarm each one of our heads and we find reasons why we dislike the class even more...

1. What is the point of this?

Many of us, while sitting in these dreaded classes, often wonder why this is a part of our course curriculum or a requirement to graduate. Whether it be a different teaching style, the content that you just cannot connect to, or an 8:00 A.M. class that makes you not focus, it is inevitable that one will think, "What is the point of this class?"

2. Why am I here?

Sometimes, you feel as though you're smarter than other kids in the class, or you simply do not have to be there because you can teach yourself the content better than the professor can. But, when the weather is warm and your friends are outside studying for their classes while you're sitting inside a sweltering classroom, you will ponder the question, "Why am I here?"

3. What are they even talking about?

At this point in the semester, you often fiend for your professors to post the notes online or collaborate with a friend who pays more attention than you so you do not have to listen as intently in lecture and can peruse the internet or do that assignment that you had missed. But, when you do decide to come back and be an active participant in the lecture, you wonder, "What are they even talking about?"

4. When can I leave?

You may be completing other homework in the class, or finding ways to get distracted in comparison to the first few weeks of the semester, but when you get to a certain point, you will often wonder when you can leave the class. Although the content may appear interesting or the conversation intriguing, you will still find any way to escape the reality of the end of the semester woes.

5. How many more classes do we have left?

Through all of the midterms, exams, homework and essays, you finally hit the point where you never want to come back and take that class again. Although the content may be interesting, or you're surrounded by all of your friends, when the weather is warm and you want to be outside basking in the sun rather than being in class, you find yourself counting down the lectures that you have left.

* * *

Although it has been a challenging semester, there have certainly been some of the most rewarding moments of my college career in these past three months. However, at this point, I am ready to bask in the sun, for the weather to stay consistently warm, and to eat ice cream and other summer foods at my leisure. It has been one awesome semester, but I often ask myself the questions mentioned. Then, I remember that there are only a few more weeks to go. Hang in there everyone!