11 Thoughts You Have During Class Registration, Told By "The Office"

I can really relate to Stanley during class registration
370

College is stressful and there are many types of stress that college students face. One of them is registering for classes for the upcoming semester. I think I can speak for everyone and say that registration never goes your way. Whether a class is filled up or the system crashes the day registration opens for you, it is never easy. Here are some thoughts that you may have while registering for classes.

1. I want to go back to bed

At Illinois State, class registration typically opens up at 8 A.M. (Translation: too early for college kids). All we want to do is lay back down and sleep for as long as we can.

2. As soon as the clock hits 8:00 A.M., you frantically start clicking

Even though the server always seems to be slow, IT'S GO TIME!!!

3. One of your priority classes is full

It never fails that the very first class you try to sign up for is full leaving you to want to scream and throw your computer across the room.

4. When your override gets accepted!

Finally!! Something is going your way.

5. When your override gets rejected...

Why me?!

6. Better yet, the whole registration system crashes while you are registering

This just isn't happening.

7. When it finally gets up and running again, half of the classes are full

*frustrated sigh*

8. Realizing that all the backup plans you had don't work

Back to the drawing board...

9. You get an email saying they added a section to your priority class that filled up

Oh, thank goodness!!!

10. And just like that you are registered for classes

The stress is finally over. All of that stress just so you can spend more money on classes that will give you more stress.

11. With that, it's only 9:30 A.M. and you still have the rest of your day to get through

Hopefully, your day goes better than how registration went.

Without a doubt, registration brings on some anxiety and lots of frustration. Either way, you are happy when it is over. Good luck to everyone as they register for the next semester. We all know the feeling and anger that it brings.