College is stressful and there are many types of stress that college students face. One of them is registering for classes for the upcoming semester. I think I can speak for everyone and say that registration never goes your way. Whether a class is filled up or the system crashes the day registration opens for you, it is never easy. Here are some thoughts that you may have while registering for classes.
1. I want to go back to bed
At Illinois State, class registration typically opens up at 8 A.M. (Translation: too early for college kids). All we want to do is lay back down and sleep for as long as we can.
2. As soon as the clock hits 8:00 A.M., you frantically start clicking
Even though the server always seems to be slow, IT'S GO TIME!!!
3. One of your priority classes is full
It never fails that the very first class you try to sign up for is full leaving you to want to scream and throw your computer across the room.
4. When your override gets accepted!
Finally!! Something is going your way.
5. When your override gets rejected...
6. Better yet, the whole registration system crashes while you are registering
This just isn't happening.
7. When it finally gets up and running again, half of the classes are full
8. Realizing that all the backup plans you had don't work
Back to the drawing board...
9. You get an email saying they added a section to your priority class that filled up
Oh, thank goodness!!!
10. And just like that you are registered for classes
The stress is finally over. All of that stress just so you can spend more money on classes that will give you more stress.
11. With that, it's only 9:30 A.M. and you still have the rest of your day to get through
Hopefully, your day goes better than how registration went.
Without a doubt, registration brings on some anxiety and lots of frustration. Either way, you are happy when it is over. Good luck to everyone as they register for the next semester. We all know the feeling and anger that it brings.