22 Thoughts I Have on my Bike Ride to Work

15 Minutes of Not-So-Silent Bliss

12
David Marcu

Ah the daily commute. Some people drive. Some people walk. Some people fly (you know, in a private jet). Some people ride their bicycles. I am a part of the bicycle group this summer for my internship because I do not own a car and it only takes about 15 minutes on a bike to get there.

However, taking this ride every weekday in the morning on the way there and in the evening on the way back can have some soothing and calming effects. If you know the route well enough, you can let you mind wander enough that you are deep in thought while also being aware of your surroundings (safety first!).

Here are some thoughts that I have had during those short rides:

Sitting on the Seat that has been in the Sun for Hours

Seeing a Ditch In the Sidewalk that You Can't Avoid

Doing the "Hello" Nod to Passerby

When a Car is Right Behind You

Looking Over Your Shoulder to Assess Your Surroundings

Accidentally Running Into a Trash Can

Looking Strange in a Helmet, but Safety is Important

Trying to Make Up for it by Wearing Sunglasses

When You Have to Jump to Get Over a Curb

LOOK AT THAT NATURE

Thinking About Future Plans

Thinking of a Stranger Future

"The World is so Amazing"

"THERE IS LITTER EVERYWHERE"

"Did I Forget Something?"

Feeling the Breeze

"'Star Wars' is Not Science Fiction..."

"Movie Studios Recreating Things from the 90's is like Textbooks Coming Out with a New Edition to Make More Money"

"What was That? GASP! IT'S RAINING!"

Going Downhill

Going Uphill

Arriving Home

What do you think, friends? What are your thoughts during your daily commute?