I'm Halfway Done With College And I Have Mixed Feelings

Sophomore Year Is Coming To An End And I Don't Know How To Feel About It

It seems like just yesterday that I was terrified thinking about how am I going to survive college. Now I am halfway through and I can't imagine my life being any other way.

108
Photo by Meglynch

It is insane to think that I am already halfway through my college career. Not to be cheesy, but it seems like yesterday that I was moving in and starting an entirely new chapter in my life. I couldn't imagine not being where I am today, with the friends I have met and the memories I have made. This past year and semester especially has been the best of my college career so far. I have made so many new friends in my sorority and from work too. I have loved getting to know and hanging out with new people, as well as becoming closer with the friends I already had. The semester definitely would not have been the same without these people in my life.

I am having so many mixed feelings about the end of the semester. Part of me is so ready for the semester to be over. I am definitely ready to be done with the work and I want finals to be over with ASAP. I am also getting tired of the same routine every single day. Don't get me wrong, I love my school, my friends, and everything, but there comes a time when you just need a change. Knowing that I am going abroad in the fall also contributes to this feeling. I am going to be in a totally different country and place, so if that doesn't give me enough change I don't know what will. The excitement for abroad is also making me wish the this semester would just end already. I am also really looking forward to spending the summer at home with my family and friends because who knows where I will be next year.

On the other hand, this semester needs to pause for a little bit. Like I was saying before, I have just started forming so many new and amazing friendships, and I am not ready to leave them yet. Why couldn't I have met these people earlier? I feel like I have had such little time with them and now I am going to be gone. We have already had so much fun together and I hate that I won't be here to make more memories next semester. I also have friends that are abroad now and are coming back, and friends that are going abroad next spring that I won't see. I know that I will still keep in touch with them, but it makes me sad that I won't be able to see them for so long. I have serious FOMO and don't want to miss out with time with my friends, but I know that being abroad is going to be one of the best times of my life.

It is insane that I'm going to be a junior next year… I am definitely not ready for that. Even though I have already been in college for 2 years, I still feel like I'm not ready to keep growing up. Being a junior makes being an actual adult more real. You're telling me that I'm going to start looking for internships and thinking about a real, adult job? That's not real. The fact that my time in college is already halfway over terrifies me. It has all gone by way too fast and I need the next 2 years to slow way down. I have made some of my best memories in college, and I don't want this time in my life to be over. My mom has always said that college is the best 4 years of your life. I knew that college was going to be great, but at the time I was too terrified to believe it. Now that I am already halfway through those 4 years, I definitely don't want it to end yet.