My Thoughts On "13 Reasons Why" So Far

My Thoughts On "13 Reasons Why" So Far

This is a really weird show.

2
My Thoughts On "13 Reasons Why" So Far
Brain Damaged

I've been watching Netflix for over two years now, and I normally watch comedy shows like Gabriel Iglesias, Jeff Dunham, Kevin Hart, Family Guy, American Dad, Blue Mountain State, you get the drift. But then I heard about this show called "13 Reasons Why" and I gave into the mainstream because, well, I don't know why. I just thought it would be something different.

So I started watching it, and I have a couple thoughts on it. First off, I only watched the first two episodes and thought there was a lot of ground covered in those few episodes. They're all an hour long, which is something that I can't exactly stand. It's almost like they're all "one-hour specials" or something, that's weird. That's not my real thoughts, I just think of that as a general thing for shows.

My real thoughts that I got particularly from the first episode was this. If you were to break the whole series down into one statement, it would be, "It's a show with TAPES from a dead girl". Which (spoiler) is one of the lines from one of the earlier episodes. But I question to myself, why tapes? I knew this was going to be a weird show already.

Anyways, Clay is the male protagonist of the show and you can tell that the dude is pretty awkward, just like when I was in High School. Typical. Then, you have the jocks, and for the life of me I can't remember this one dude's name, but his last name was Jensen. Anywho, he was confident, he was cool, typical storyline right here, and then there's Tony. Need I say more? I actually will.

I thought Tony was a cool character because I instantly have respect for a dude in leather and who drives a nice ass car, but later on, in the first episode, he gets creepy. The dude gets even creepier in the second episode. (Another spoiler), when Tony is on the phone with Mrs. Baker in the second episode, that got my brain going a little bit because I knew that Tony is behind something that had to do with the family. That felt weird to me.

Speaking of, let's talk about Hannah. In the flashbacks, Hannah didn't really remind me of anybody particular. I think you can say that about anybody like her that she doesn't remind you of anybody in particular like the other characters do. Every character fits a stereotype except for Hannah, which was really weird in my opinion. However, I have that deep connection with her on being the new person at a school, because when I moved to Tinley, I was quiet, kept to myself, and I never knew anybody.

I'm interested to see what the other episodes are like though, I will do a follow-up to this article pretty soon I'm sure. Until then, those are my thoughts, some of you will tell me, "watch the whole series", don't worry, I will. But that's where I'm at right now.