A Thought On The New Year.

A Thought On The New Year.

10
A Thought On The New Year.
Hannah Stivenson

New Year, New me. I hate that saying probably more than anything. I think New Year’s Resolutions are just an excuse. Change should happen year round. Second chances happen all the time and we need to just take action.

This New Year ’s Eve I wanted to try and heal some relationships I hurt and fix myself. I apologized to someone I hurt really badly and she forgave me and even wished me good luck with my internship. It was hard but where I’m at mentally I knew it had to be done. I saw how badly I messed up and I knew that I just needed to say those words even if it wasn’t going to make us close right away again and I understand. Last year I was so different. For a solid two semesters I messed up greatly.

This year I became myself. I found my passion and started apologizing to people that I upset when I was at my lowest. The scariest thing Is I don’t remember it. I know that I should just move on but I couldn’t until I was at the right spot in my life and truly said how I feel with real emotions.

I have already noticed a drastic change in myself and I am leaving all the negativity from everything in 2016. I know that sounds cliché but everyone sees how much I’ve grown. I am doing things that I never thought I’d be able to do and I’m living to the fullest. I love who I surround myself with and I’m excited for all the new adventures awaiting me.

This year be confident and you. That’s the biggest piece of advice I have. It's okay if you are still the same person you were last year. You can’t change the past but the future is new and exciting and you can be the best you. Don’t worry if you mess up. You can always get a second chance. Don’t dwell on the small things when the world has so much to offer. Just live your life.