This Is Who You Should Fall In Love With

Because everyone is trying to find their person.

1005
Tumblr

In my 20 years on this Earth, I’ve learned a lot about love.

Now mind you, I’ve only had one serious, long-lasting relationship thus far. But from watching friends and family fall in love and get their hearts broken, I’ve learned there’s one person you should fall truly, madly, and deeply in love with.

Fall in love with someone that loves the real you. Don’t fall for someone that only loves the outside. Fall in love with someone that loves the outside, inside, and all of the little cracks and crevices in between.

Fall in love with someone that wants to know your favorite season and why. Fall in love with someone that wants to hear all of your crazy stories from your childhood. Fall in love with someone that will not judge you for screaming lyrics to your favorite song (and will gladly sing along with you). Fall in love with someone that will dance with you, even if you’re both awful at dancing.

Fall in love with someone that will sit on the floor with you and eat Cheerios straight from the box because both of you are just too damn tired to cook a real meal. Fall in love with someone that will go on adventures with you, even if it means just going to the Wendy’s drive-thru at midnight to get Frosties and french fries. Fall in love with someone that wants to know how you take your coffee or tea. Fall in love with someone that loves your laugh, and how you start gasping for air and clapping like a seal when someone makes a really funny joke.

More importantly, fall in love with someone that will do almost anything to make you laugh on your darkest days.

Fall in love with someone that reminds you often that you matter, that you have so much worth and are perfect the way you are. Fall in love with someone that wants to hold your hand in public to subtly say, “this person is my person and I’m so lucky to have them.” Fall in love with someone that makes you question why you were afraid of falling in love in the first place, because they make your feel safe. They don’t give you a reason to be afraid of them. Fall in love with someone that gives your courage, someone that will hold your hand through any tough situation and say, “we are in this together.”

Fall in love with someone that you would wake up next to every morning and think to yourself, “I am the luckiest person alive.”

Most importantly, fall in love with someone that loves the real you, and loves you for everything you are.