This Is What It's Like To Be White

This Is What It's Like To Be White

437
This Is What It's Like To Be White
https://az616578.vo.msecnd.net/files/2017/11/15/636463085390421448-1602401978_white.jpeg

If you read the papers, watch the news, see the stories posted on the internet, and you follow the social media streams, being white is the easiest job on the planet.

White people don't get stereotyped. They don't get pulled over by the police. They don't get wrongly arrested. They don't get mistakenly shot. They never get hassled, discriminated against, or treated in a biased way. White people have it easier than anyone that the rest of the world knows.

If you listen to what you hear, and you believe everything you see, white people on this planet have the world at their fingertips. And if you had to ask someone what it's like to be white, you'd expect the answer to be something along the lines of "White people have it easy," "White people are born with a silver spoon in their mouth," "White people have all of the advantages in the world," and most of all, "White people don't have to work to achieve everything they want. It's given to them without even getting out bed."

Being white is a privilege. It is a special thing to have bestowed upon a person. It gives them the opportunity to make all the money in the world. It gives them the power to drive expensive cars, act in any way, shape or form they want, do what they want, say what they want, behave how they want, and live how they want. They get the biggest houses, the fattest paychecks, and they get the cute women. Sounds like a great thing doesn't it? Doesn't it make you think the whole world would want to be white?

It isn't a difficult thing to be white if you read the papers. According to the media, white people are handed the world. They get everything. They have it easy. They don't have to break a sweat. They aren't discriminated against. They are treated in a higher fashion than any other culture in the world. They are rich, spoiled, and handed a silver platter with whatever they demand. They don't even have to ask--they demand it, and they are given it. Plain and simple, white people have it made.

When you wake up in the morning, look in the mirror, and if you aren't already white, you should be saying a prayer to God, asking that He makes you that. Ask Him to change you into a privileged, spoiled, rich and snotty person that gets everything they want, and can live the perfect lifestyle without even having to worry about it, because they know it's going to happen.

And when you wake up from that dream (or nightmare, whatever you call it), you should tell yourself that you are foolish for ever believing such a load of crap. You should ask for forgiveness for ever being so stupid, and for ever really thinking that being white is all that and more than a box of Pop-Tarts. Because the truth of the matter is, it's not all it's cracked up to be.

The NAACP has nothing to do with white people. In fact, they protect the black culture. The Black Movement or Black Lives Matter is not in support of white people. Although they claim that they are in support of equal rights, you don't see anything mentioning "White People Matter Too" in their title phrase do you? And when you look at the news media, answer the question of when the last time you saw a white person getting the publicity that Jesse Jackson or Al Sharpton has garnered from having a camera stuck in their face? It simply doesn't happen.

Being white isn't all it's cracked up to be. Have you ever heard of an association called "The National Association for Poor White Folks?" No. And you most likely won't. Because there was an attempt to copyright and patent the name of the organization, and it was rejected for being "too racially biased" and "discriminatory," yet there exists an association called the United Negro College Fund. You don't see the word white in there, do you?

When you think about the organizations that support people "of color," you won't see a reference to white people in there. The only reference you are going to see with white people is the KKK, and what is the first thing that comes to mind? Yes. They are racist. They are a hate group. They are biased. But you don't hear that when you see Jesse Jackson or Al Sharpton marching in the street, representing the NAACP, which in fact, represents (the last two letters of the organization name) Colored People. That doesn't mean white. It means just what it says.

What it's like to be white is not an easy statement to defend. What it says, however, is that there are laws for equal rights and equal opportunities that give individuals "of color" more rights in many cases (including federal and state testing regulations) to obtain jobs. If a person is found to be discriminated against for a hate crime, it is a federal offense, and they can do life in prison or even receive the death sentence.

When is the last time you heard of a hate crime being committed against a white person? You can't. Because if a black person has a violent offense committed against them, and it is deemed to be directed due to their skin color or culture, it escalates the crime. But if the same crime is committed against a white person, the same doesn't apply.

This is what it's like to be white.

To be stereotyped. To be judged. To be criticized. To be thought to have the world handed to them. And what's forgotten is that people get sick. People struggle with health issues. They struggle with relationship issues. They struggle with depression. They struggle with anxiety. They struggle with eating disorders. And most importantly, they struggle with life things. Yes. Even white people suffer and struggle.

When a person wakes up in the morning dealing with life things, including job struggles, financial struggles, depression or mental health, or any number of things they deal with, color does not come into play. Even white people suffer the daily struggles that others do. Color, race, creed or ethnicity doesn't come into play. It has no bias, and there is no discrimination in life things. It applies to, and affects the person.

What it's like to be white is a difficult discussion to have. If someone looks up, holds their head high, and says, "I'm proud to be white", chances are if someone of another culture hears that, they are going to be held accountable for it and called a racist. If a black person uses the N word, it is found to be acceptable and either laughed at or ignored. But if a white person in the same group of people were to use the same word, they are judged, criticized, given dirty looks, insulted, or even in some instances killed.

This is what it's like to be white.

For those of you reading this, call it what you want. Call it judgmental, critical, racist, discriminatory or any other word that comes to mind. But it's not. It's simply stating the truth. Everyone gets treated in different ways. Everyone acts how they act, does what they do, lives how they live, and is treated how they are treated. It's not possible to say that discrimination doesn't exist, because we as people see it daily in our society. It exists every single day in our life. But when is the last time that you saw a serial killer that was black? When is the last time you saw a bomber blowing up a building that was black? When is the last time that you saw someone cut up people, cook them in a frying pan, and eat them?

This is what it's like to be white.

The purpose of this article is not to be discriminatory, racist or negative. It is not to point fingers at one culture or another. It is simply to make a point. The organizations protecting the black culture stand up and speak. The NFL has been doing it for months. The publicity is overwhelming. But imagine if it were not Colin Kaepernick that took a knee during the national anthem, but in fact it was a person that was white? Imagine if someone stood up and defended the white culture, said unacceptable words against another culture, whether they were black, hispanic, oriental, or any other culture in the world. They would be degraded, insulted, called names, and treated in a manner that would possibly result in criminal charges and a hate crime. And you know the answer to that?

This is what it's like to be white.