Everything got taken away from us last summer. So now it is time to make up for it.
1. This summer you should get a job. Last summer I was suppose to have 2 jobs but I ended up just doing the one I was at before summer. Now this summer I am working 2 jobs and working around 60 hours a week. Which is crazy but the money will be nice. I have to pay for school somehow
2. Volunteering is something you should do to make applications and resumes look better. I started volunteering at a therapy center in March and I love it there. Making connections and building relationships for resumes is great too. You have to have references.
3. Hang out with friends as much as possible! Last summer no one did much of hanging out because of the coronavirus. Go to the pool, plan trips and just enjoy other people’s company.
4. Job shadowing a great thing to do because you’ll get an idea if you really want to do the job you are interested in. And for some grad school applications they require job shadowing.
5. Don’t forget to hang out with family too. Especially if you go to college and will be gone in the Fall. Your family misses you and if you are anything like me you really miss your family.