A Letter To My Best Friend Who's Seen Me At My Worst

Because of you, I laugh a little harder, cry a little less, and smile a lot more.

375
pexels.com

Dear Friend,

We may not have know each other for a long time, but it definitely feels like I've known you forever. I never really thought I would have someone like you come into my life so suddenly and so randomly. I kid you not when I say I never expected us to become friends. I can remember the first time we ever hung out together, it honestly felt like it was just the other day. But thankfully it has been way more than just a few days with you.

You've seen me cry, laugh until I cry, and those moments when I'm so hungry, I get super mean. You've seen me at my best and you've seen me at my worst. You held me as I cried at the most stupid things, and patiently waited for me to finish my rants about something pointless.

You've made me laugh to the point where it hurts to breathe. And you can say I'm not funny all you want, but I know for a fact that you've laughed at my jokes (or me) just as much as I've laughed at yours. You've made me feel so happy when we would go on drives anywhere and everywhere. Like those times you would pick me up at 9 o'clock at night and we would just drive around for hours and not get back until it was super late. And it never mattered where we went, as long as we had songs to jam to and something to talk about. We would talk about anything that came to mind, not holding anything back. And nine times out of ten, we had to pull over off the road for a few minutes because we were laughing so hard. Each and every time we would hang out, my camera become more and more filled with pictures and videos of us doing weird things only we would laugh at. Thank goodness we caught those moments in a picture because I never want to forget those.

There was never a dull moment with you. No matter what it was we were doing, we somehow made it into some crazy adventure. Like all those times we went hiking together, our trips to the beach, mall shopping, the time we went to the county fair together and it was pouring rain the entire night, night skiing, prom, prom weekends, camping trips, and everything in between.

We may be going in different directions with our lives right now, I'm away at college and you stayed at home. We may not talk as much as we used to anymore. And we may not hang out as much as we did when we were both at home. Life isn't as simple as it was back in high school, when we were only five minutes away from each other instead of two hours. But I know I can go to you anytime I need you, and I know you know I'm always here for you, too. Those memories we created together will stay with me for a lifetime, and there's nothing that could ever make me forget them.

Love,

Your best friend