Thirteen Songs That Should Be On the New "Twin Peaks" Soundtrack

These songs would be the perfect addition for the upcoming season.

89
Flickr

The new season of "Twin Peaks" premiered on Showtime on Sunday after a 25-year break. "Twin Peaks" is my favorite show of all time, and it is also directed by my favorite director David Lynch. I found out about the show about four years ago and have been in love with it ever since. The show tells the story about the investigation of the murder of a small town's homecoming queen, Laura Palmer. It's creepy and strange, but there is something beautiful and mesmerizing about it. As an aspiring film director, there are so many aspects of the show that I love and appreciate. The cinematography is amazing, the characters are all well developed and the dialogue is very well written. One of my favorite aspects of the show is the soundtrack. The soundtrack to the first two seasons of "Twin Peaks" featured music by singer Julee Cruise and an original score by Angelo Badalamenti. In part two of last night's episode, the band Chromatic performed their song "Shadow" in the final scene. The songs selected for the show are slow, dreamy and have a 50's rock vibe. I was so stoked to see that "Shadow" was chosen for the new soundtrack because I believe it is a perfect fit for the show. I'm very eager to see what other songs are going to be selected for the new soundtrack. If I had it my way, these are five songs I would love to see featured on the new season's soundtrack:

1. "Candy Girl" - Trailer Trash Traceys

2. "You Know What I Mean" - Cults

3. "Beyond Love" - Beach House

4. "Nothing's Gonna Hurt You Baby" - Cigarettes After Sex

5. "When the Sun Hits"- Slowdive

6. "Don't Fall in Love"- Still Corners

7. "Run Mascara, Run" - The Raveonettes

8. "Night Time, My Time" - Sky Ferreira

9. "Into Black" - Blouse

10. "Glory Box"- Portishead

11. "The Best Thing" - Electric Youth

12. "Not a Friend" - Cat's Eyes

13. "Superstar" - Sonic Youth

Be sure to tune in and watch Part Three of "Twin Peaks" next Sunday on Showtime at 9 P.M! If you haven't started "Twin Peaks" but are interested, the first two seasons can be found on Netflix.