Things You Wish You Could Thank Your Dog For

There's so many things I could thank you for, but these are just a few.

3
You Wall

Whether we spent many years together or only a short few, you have been my best friend, unconditionally. Through every laugh and every tear, you have been right by my side through it all. I hope that I was able to give to you what you gave to me all of these years. I could never put into words what you have meant to me, but I'm sure you know exactly how I feel. I can't thank you enough for all the precious memories you've given me.

The first thing I see after a long day is your sweet face, whining, and whimpering in excitement to greet me. Instantaneously, no matter what kind of day I've had, you're able to immediately turn it around. Sometimes without you even knowing it, you could turn it around in a pinch-- thank you.

Thank you for laying by my side all day, whether it be on the couch, in bed, or on the bathroom floor after a rough night. You're my partner in crime and my snuggle buddy all in one.

Thank you for prompting me to get up and out of bed to feed you in the mornings. I know I can be grouchy and annoyed with you sometimes, but you know it's because I'm not a morning person. You're the sole reason why I go on walks through the park when I know I should do it more often.

Thank you for protecting me from every obscure noise you hear outside of the window. Without you, who knows who would protect me from the leaves blowing outside, the terrifying squirrels that run around in our front yard, and God forbid that horrifying mailman.

Although I could go on and on all day, those are just a few of the important things you do for me and I can't thank you enough. You're not only man's best friend, you're my best friend. You'll always hold a special space in my heart, that could only be filled by you.