10 Things You Shouldn't Have Done This Weekend

But you ended up doing anyway...

639
Pexels.com

Every weekend is a learning experience. At least that’s how I see it. Without fail, we all do things we probably should not have, but we learn from our mistakes every time. Or do we? Here are 10 things that college students are typically guilty of on your average weekend.

1. Started your pregame at 7 p.m.

It may have seemed like a brilliant idea at the time, but blasting vintage Kanye and sipping your train wreck of a drink when it was still light outside was probably the first problem on Friday night. You always tell yourself you won’t do it again, but every night you and your friends go out, the same thing seems to happen.

2. Ended the night at 2 a.m.

So it didn't occur to you to leave that party when there were only two people left: you and the fifth year senior who lives upstairs.OK . That’s mildly understandable. And by “that’s,” I mean, “That was OK during your first week of freshman year.” But now it’s totally not. This has happened too many times to be acceptable at this point, and your friends will probably be confronting you about it tomorrow morning. Just so you know.

3. Eaten the room-temperature pizza in the common room.

But it was Domino’s. Pepperoni. And it tasted like the god’s ambrosia, as far as you were concerned. Four slices later and you probably felt like a million bucks. And let me guess, you totally slept in your romper and makeup too. You know I’m right.

4. Devoured the entire All-Star Breakfast at Waffle House.

As if the Domino’s incident was not enough to convince you that mandatory gym hours starting immediately were a necessity, you definitely headed over to the neighborhood WaHo the very next morning, drowned your sorrows in your sugared-up coffee, and managed to eat every last bit of the huge All-Star Breakfast. Great work. Things certainly are looking up for you, aren’t they?

5. Watched 14 episodes of “Cutthroat Kitchen.”

You could have at least watched something of substance. “Chopped” maybe, but “Cutthroat Kitchen”? Mediocrity. You seem to relish in it, but then again, don’t we all?

6. Not making it out of bed until 1 p.m.

Thank goodness you purchased those blackout curtains that can keep your room pitch black at all hours of the day if you want them to. You needed the recuperation time after your escapades yesterday evening, and you undoubtedly emerged from your dark lair only when you got that text that a load of people were going to Sheetz.

7. Drank the clear liquid you thought was water (it wasn’t!) on your bedside table.

This happened. I like to think of it as character building. This happened. And you are stronger for it. This happened. And you hope to whatever higher powers there may be that it never happens again.

8. Continued to request the song that wasn’t on the band’s set list. Ever.

OK, duh, “Dreams” and “Layla” were not in the frat band’s set list last night. They never will be. It’s nothing personal. Next time, you’ll do better to check yourself before you stumble over to the bassist and put in that request for the 13th time.

9. Worn last night’s makeup well into the following day.

That Covergirl LashBlast looked so much better the next morning. A great discovery.

10. Read back through your texts from Saturday night.

“Hey.” No, you didn’t. But you did. Read at 12:32 a.m. with no response. Awesome.