As a girl who is currently 22, there are some things I’m just tired of hearing people tell me. I just wish everyone would let me live my life the way I want to and stop telling me where I need to be in life according to your standards. So, if you’re one of those people, here’s a list of things you should stop saying to us.

1. Do you gave a boyfriend/girlfriend/any type of significant other?

No. No, I don’t and you know what? I’m pretty okay with it. I’m not going to be all cliché and say ‘I’m a strong, independent, black woman and I don’t need no man.’ While those are all true, I just don’t want to be in a relationship.

2. Why not? You're so pretty/handsome/beautiful.

Why thank you. I thought so too. Maybe the boys are terrified of me or maybe this is a decision I made on my own that has nothing to do with how I look?

3. I love my children. Babies are a blessing and a gift.

While I am very happy that you are happy that you have children, I am also very blessed that I don’t. Stop raining on my childless parade

4. Do you plan on getting married?

Uh... maybe? Eventually, I guess. I mean who doesn't want happily ever after? Stop pushing me.

5. Where do you see yourself in the future?

Alive? I don’t know. I’m just trying to actually make it through college first.

6. You're going to regret those tattoos/piercings when you're older.

Or maybe I won’t because my tattoos rock and mean something to me and these piercings can come out so stop being so judgmental about what I put on my body.

7. You're not going to be young forever. Make wise choices.

Oh, I plan too, but I would like to have fun and live while I am young. Let me live and learn. I need to make my own choices to learn from them. .