Kennesaw State Is A Great School, But These 7 Things Need To Change, Like, NOW

KSU? More like KS-boo.

157

Kennesaw State Univiersity is a great school, don't get me wrong.

I built my life around this school and I've grown to love this town and I can eventually see myself staying after college. However, every college has it's flaws. Kennesaw is a great place to go, but once the first semester jitters wear off, you'll feel as if you're in high school again with the 'I'm ready to graduate' attitude.

This is for the upcoming freshman out there.

1. Parking

There are theoretically 15 parking lots on campus and 12 of the 15 are faculty/staff and 1 is strictly freshman, the other two are for students. In those lots, they leave about 10 or less spaces for visitors. Of course you'll always get a ticket no matter where you park.

2. Sorority Housing

In Kennesaw it's a law where 5 or more girls living in a house together is considered a brothel, so sororities don't get a cute house to share.

3. Food

Dining on campus isn't as flashy as it sounds. Yes, the Commons is a big buffet full of different dining options. Those options are there every day and you'll be sick of it within less than a month. The three restaurants apply as well.

4. Not as much security

KSU has had cases of rape, assault, robbery, etc. all go unreported. There aren't enough campus police to go around.

5. Housing Options

There are 4 different places to live for upcoming freshman, but when you become a sophomore, you can either move off campus or live in the Austin Residence Complex, which isn't much. It looks nice, but it's too expensive for its worth.

6. WiFi

The campus WiFi isn't so bad on campus, but in the housing, it goes out once a week and during the summer time, it goes out about two or three times a week.

7. Overpopulation

Good luck at registration.

Like I said, Kennesaw is a great school but going on my third year of being here, some things are kind of ridiculous for a city and a college.