45 Things I Would Rather Do Than Go To Second-Semester Classes

Yes, I would much rather brush my teeth then drink orange juice then go to my classes.

206
Maddy Whitfield

After a long first semester and short breaks that didn't even feel like a break, we're back for round two. Back with new classes, schedules, stress, teachers, and textbooks that cost more than my self-worth.

It blows.

Second Semester is like the equivalent to the least favorite day of the week, Wednesday, except for it's a five-month-long hump day instead of just one day.

Nobody has the motivation to go to classes and teachers are already piling on the work which means I will be procrastinating 'til the cows come home.

So here's a list of things I'd rather do than going to second-semester classes! Enjoy.

1. Brush my teeth and then drink orange juice after

2. Fight all the "new year, new me" people at the gym for an elliptical during peak hours

3. Park in Memorial and walk to East Campus for class in under five minutes

4. Lick the floor of Theta Chi

5. Take a WOS down Port Republic Rd.

6. Rip a stinky one in front of my crush

7. Drop my new phone in the toilet after I went number 2

8. Never eat pizza again

9. Burn my tongue on hot coffee

10. Pull my hamstring at a Latin Dance Party

11. Have my backpack break and all my books fall out

12. Run laps around the stadium

13. Stub my toe

14. Drink bleach

15. Drop my phone on my face while I'm face-timing my crush

16. Listen to Nickelback on repeat

17. Do the Tide Pod challenge

18. Eat a soggy sandwich

19. Take a bath in Newman Lake

20. Shower with socks on

21. Cancel my Netflix subscription

22. Eat dog food

23. Challenge Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson to an arm wrestling contest

24. Sit in an ice bath in the snow

25. Always sit behind a tall person at the movie theatre

26. Going off of that, exclusively only watch Nicholas Cage movies

27. Re-live my middle school angst phase (it really was just a phase)

28. Never look at pictures of shirtless Adam Driver ever again

29. Get a pencil stuck up my nose for a day

30. Cry in the club

31. Not talk for a month

32. Sing the National Anthem at the Superbowl, offkey

33. Willingly give up cheese

34. Go dumpster diving for a needle

35. Hop on one foot for an entire day

36. Write an essay about the evolution of the burrito

37. Sort my socks in chronological order of when I got them

38. Eat dirt

39. Blow an entire paycheck on losing lottery tickets

40. Wear 7-inch stilettoes while going hiking

41. Only receive spam emails

42. Catch every red light ever

43. Get yelled at by Gordan Ramsey

44. Never have any privacy in the bathroom

45. Only be able to quote "Shrek" for the rest of my life